Logos painted on grass

MG helmets

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it does a bit, but the biggest thing I'd look at is how round the whole logo looks. Did you distort it at all to give it perspective? I think if you did that (or if you did increase the amount) you might find the right side is less noticeable than it is just now.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Yeah it does a bit, but the biggest thing I'd look at is how round the whole logo looks. Did you distort it at all to give it perspective? I think if you did that (or if you did increase the amount) you might find the right side is less noticeable than it is just now.

9erssteve

Shoot, that was the one thing I didn't do. thicon_lol.gif

Another thing I noticed that helped the "realistic look" was rather than only displacing two of the logo layers, it's better to displace all three.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I thought it looked too round! ;-)

I agree about displacing all layers and if you go for the color range step that I did make sure you do that to all the layers as well.

9erssteve

I changed the perspective of this one and it turned out perfectly! Explain to me the "color range step".

Seattle_Mariners_Grass_Final.jpg

to do the color range:

turn off all your logo layers so that only the grass is showing

select channels

turn off all channels except green

make sure black is the selected color

select>color range>(samled colors - fuzziness 200)

this will select all the dark areas

turn all your channels back on so it is full color again

duplicate the grass layer

select>inverse

edit>cut

now there will be a layer that only contains the darker green

put this layer above your logo layers

basically this makes it look like the real dark black/green areas are not painted...as these area in real life would be towards the soil and not have paint on them

hope this helps

footer_helmet.gif

to do the color range:

select channels

select>inverse

edit>cut

basically this makes it look like the real dark black/green areas are not painted...as these area in real life would be towards the soil and not have paint on them

hope this helps

Thanks alot. My only other question would be about the two adjustment settings and the values of those settings. When I played around with them, I felt that I couldn't get them to look more realistic.

Thanks,

Mike

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

to do the color range:

select channels

select>inverse

edit>cut

hope this helps

Freaking Genius! It made all the difference in the world!

to do the color range:

select channels

select>inverse

edit>cut

hope this helps

Freaking Genius! It made all the difference in the world!

1stDown's is slightly different to what I did but will give almost an identical result.

I used the green channel did the same color range, same settings and select inverse, then simply deleted that selection from all the logo layers. Then to finally bed the whole thing down I took the grayscale grass image I'd used for the displacement map and copied that layer in at the top of the file set it to color burn in the layer mode and set it's opacity to about 25%.

There really is no right or wrong way, once Davidson and GFB had established the ground work the rest is just refinement and I think a lot of that comes down to personal preference, so I'd say just play with it until your happy and post what you got and explain what you did, you might find something even better!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

This is what I came up with, I must say that with everyone coming together to create an easy to follow tut and input from others, that these are the reason that I try to improve my skills. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

Cardinals-4.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

This is what I came up with, I must say that with everyone coming together to create an easy to follow tut and input from others, that these are the reason that I try to improve my skills. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

I completely agree! With the collaboration of everyone on the board, we all improve our skills and everybody wins, while having fun at the same time! :D

EDIT

I forgot to through in my final edit.

mariners_grass.jpg

I completely agree! With the collaboration of everyone on the board, we all improve our skills and everybody wins, while having fun at the same time! :D

EDIT

I forgot to through in my final edit.

mariners_grass.jpg

perspective is still off...

Archived