2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Shawn "Get My Michael Phelps On" Andrews out for the PHI game against CAR, meaning Winston Justice will start. Memo to Andy Reid - I don't care if he can't even walk any more... get Runyan in here!!!

While I think Justice is much better than he showed in his last start, I still think there's no way that the line can hold on Sunday, and no way the offense will get anything done against the Panthers.

CAR 31 - PHI 3.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching that game last night, I had this recurring thought:

Damn, I miss John Madden.

To each their own I guess. Madden had grown pretty stale. I think Collinsworth's pretty good and a nice change.

No knock on Collinsworth--he is pretty good, but I don't want to be beaten upside the head with Xs and Os and strategery (like W would say)...I just want to be entertained. Madden entertained me.

In response to the bolded part, I do. That's one of the main reasons why I like Jaws on MNF; they basically perform surgery on damn near every play. I love that, but that's just me, apparently.

Watching that game last night, I had this recurring thought:

Damn, I miss John Madden.

To each their own I guess. Madden had grown pretty stale. I think Collinsworth's pretty good and a nice change.

No knock on Collinsworth--he is pretty good, but I don't want to be beaten upside the head with Xs and Os and strategery (like W would say)...I just want to be entertained. Madden entertained me.

In response to the bolded part, I do. That's one of the main reasons why I like Jaws on MNF; they basically perform surgery on damn near every play. I love that, but that's just me, apparently.

Well then I'm sure you are going to LOVE rollin with the MNF crew this year...three deep in the booth.

(For what its worth, Chucky is DAMN good in that booth...well, when he, Jaws, and Tirico arent' all Farvestruck up in there. The QB and the coach...THAT's an analyzing tandem for you there.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

...And we have our first victim of the newly enacted "Brady Rule". Enter Tank Tyler of the Kansas City Chiefs. (Oddly enough, the same team that had a hand in the rule being created in the first place.)

KC somehow had the Ravens backed up on their own end zone, turned the pressure on, forced Joe Flacco into making a bad throw. In this instance, Cinco de Flacco threw while inside the tackle box to a spot where no Raven receiver was in the area, which is intentional grounding as we all know. Add to that the fact Flacco was in the end zone when he threw it, and it turns into a safety--which would have been HUGE for KC since that would have likely been the only way they could score in this game.

Oh but wait...you see, Tyler's knee grazed the ground before his hand touched Flacco's leg.

Read the first sentence of this post and you can figure out the result.

Illegal contact on the defender. Intentional grounding on the QB. Offset penalties...replay the down.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

lol at the noise the Eagles fans are making at Carolina. Not quite a home game, but you can definitely hear them.

While I'm loving the defense after that first drive, it sucks that I'm going against them in fantasy!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shawn "Get My Michael Phelps On" Andrews out for the PHI game against CAR, meaning Winston Justice will start. Memo to Andy Reid - I don't care if he can't even walk any more... get Runyan in here!!!

While I think Justice is much better than he showed in his last start, I still think there's no way that the line can hold on Sunday, and no way the offense will get anything done against the Panthers.

CAR 31 - PHI 3.

Yeah... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

McNabb's down...

Kolb and Vick are salivating...

EDIT: he seems to be fine.

Is Kansas City that much improved or is Baltimore that much worse?

EDIT-We also have our first final of Sunday.

Indy 14-Jacksonville 12.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who else thinks Josh McDaniels is already an intolerable prick raise their hands.

I don't. I do see that the Denver defensive implosion happened once again.

Ohhh....and Daaayum. Stokely. That's your top play of the day.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived