2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOW will everybody else agree with me & say that the Saints, as of right now, are the best team in the NFL? It took them beating the Giants into the ground for people to finally see it, but there it is. The Saints are currently the best, & this Falcons fan is scared as :censored:. :P

Β 

Β 

NOW will everybody else agree with me & say that the Saints, as of right now, are the best team in the NFL? It took them beating the Giants into the ground for people to finally see it, but there it is. The Saints are currently the best, & this Falcons fan is scared as :censored:. :P

For what it's worth, I had the Saints pegged as my NFC pick for the SB back in preseason. (It was Philly originally, but then they picked up Vick and all that went out the window.)

In another part of the National Football League world, we are experiencing live in front of our faces a cataclysmic (defensive) system collapse up in Minneapolis.

(And as soon as I type that, Brat chucks one up all the way up the field for a gain of like half the field. Suppose it's time for his Favreness to take back over again, huh?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Usually you don't fire NFL Coaches mid-season but with Zorn you need to make an exception.

Adam Schefter said earlier that, at this point, it's not a matter of 'if' but 'when' when it comes to Jim Zorn being fired. Plus, they just lost to the Rams. If Zorn makes it to Tuesday as the head coach, I'll be shocked.

But wow, what a change in fortunes for this man. He went from being a coach of the year candidate at mid-season last year to more than likely being fired before he even reaches the halfway point this season. Talk about a 180.

Β 

Β 

How the hell is Jim Zorn still employed? If it weren't for the Redskins having the easiest schedule by far so far they would be in the 0-6 club.

He'll be gone once the game officially goes final. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

How the hell is Jim Zorn still employed? If it weren't for the Redskins having the easiest schedule by far so far they would be in the 0-6 club.

Game is over, they lost to KC without any team scoring a TD. Thanks to the NFL tv rules I was forced to watch this game.

*points to location info*

Can somebody please point me in the direction of the nearest gun?

Also, I hate Pat Shurmur.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Game is over, they lost to KC without any team scoring a TD. Thanks to the NFL tv rules I was forced to watch this game.

Is that why Fox is still showing the Saints-Giants game (one that has NEVER been close) out here in New freakin' Mexico?? :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Trust me when I tell you, NFL Sunday Ticket is not only the second greatest sports TV programming idea ever, it is well worth the 200 bucks. I just watched the end of the Vikings-Ravens game in a market where I would have been stuck with Cleveland - Pittsburgh.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Β 

*points to location info*

Can somebody please point me in the direction of the nearest gun?

Also, I hate Pat Shurmur.

Psst...over here.

No...this way.

*BANG!*

And the Ravens' kicker just missed that last FG attempt wide left, preserving the purple reign in Minnesota...and ensuring yet another week of worship of the Favreness at your nearest ESPN outlet.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Zorn was doomed to failure when he got here. The Redskins problems stem way back before him and above his head. Until this franchise gets a change in culture, a coaching change will not help.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Is that why Fox is still showing the Saints-Giants game (one that has NEVER been close) out here in New freakin' Mexico?? :mad:

Agreed. They could have at least shown me overtime out here instead of the death throes of the Giants.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That Saints-Falcons MNF game is going to be good. As in fun to watch regardless of who wins. If the Saints continue to bring it like they did today...wow.

Interestingly, the Saints have clobbered the Giants fairly regularly as of late. They scorched 'em 45-7 in the infamous Joe Horn cell phone game and beat them 30-7 at New York in 2006. The G-men won 27-10 in the Saints' 2005 Katrina season "home" game in the Meadowlands.

As before, I'm just enjoying this ride while it lasts and hoping they continue to come up big in important games. Next stop, Land Shark Stadium.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived