Nashville Predators Redesign

burgundy

For my latest concept I decided to redesign the Preds, as I feel that for their entire existence their look has been gaudy. Their logo looks like it had promise, up until it was beaten with an ugly stick. And their uniforms? Meh, they could be worse, but they're still pretty ugly.

So the first thing I did was get rid of the cybercat, and gave them a sabrecat. I put the head inside of a crest, which is in the shape of a guitar pick in reference to Nashville's nickname of the Music City, and Nashville based Gibson Guitars. For the uniforms I went with a striping pattern that plays off of the stripes of the cat, and the sabre tooth. C&C appreciated. (EDIT: update in new post)

Preds.png

spacer.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's for sure an upgrade from what they have now, but the cat head seems squeezed within the crest. Try looking at the head without a crest shape and see if it still looks that way.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It's for sure an upgrade from what they have now, but the cat head seems squeezed within the crest. Try looking at the head without a crest shape and see if it still looks that way.

Here it is without the crest.

Preds-3.png

spacer.png

I love the jerseys. The pants fit really good too. The first logo is my favorite though. This new one looks like it is looking at me out of the corner of it's eye. It looks very European to me, don't know if thats good or bad though.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

It's better with the crest. The problem is, like the first poster said, it's squeezed in. Try making the predator come out of the crest just a bit on the right side, so it's kind of "coming out" of the crest, it'd look worlds better.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Wow, the newest logo update looks fantastic... it really makes it much more dynamic than being "squeezed" within the crest. My only suggestion for the logo now is to lose the light blue shadow around the mouth and below the whiskers as it's just a bit busy and looks forced.

The newest update is the best. Like Nole says, you don't need the shadow around the mouth and whiskers. The shadows under the chin are really cool though. You used a really nice collection of shapes to create your logo. Each part is interesting to pay attention to.

Great job on this.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

It's certainly better without the whisker shadows. It still has continuity with the teeth shadows. It'll look better from the nosebleeds this way.

Great job.

I suppose the shadows do get pretty muddled from a distance.

spacer.png

im liking the progression...One thing though. In my opinion, that shape for the bg looks to lacrossey. Maybe tinker with some new ones? Simply removing the rounded edges in favor of pointed ones would prolly help it look more aggressive as well.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

im liking the progression...One thing though. In my opinion, that shape for the bg looks to lacrossey. Maybe tinker with some new ones? Simply removing the rounded edges in favor of pointed ones would prolly help it look more aggressive as well.

I'll see what I can come up with, but I was trying to relate to Nashville's music industry with the guitar pick shape.

spacer.png

Archived