Tennessee Titans concept

LEWJ

So, I'll start by saying my favorite uniform the Titans franchise has ever worn, is this one they wore while they were the Oilers. I always liked the consistency among the striping, and the colors are awsome. So, much of the influence for this concept is from those uniforms.

I know if I just slapped Titans logos on that uniform it wouldn't be a concept at all, so I tried to make a compromise between the current uniforms and the older uniforms.

So, what I did is basically take the older set and add shoulder yokes, like they currently have.

I dropped navy completely, so that red could once again be a more dominant color.

I made the 'thumbtack' logo the primary, only I switched up the colors, and dropped the circle from the state flag.

I really like how this turned out; I hope you do too.

V.1

Changes for version 2:

-Switched Back to Titans number font

-Numbers to sleeves instead of shoulders

-Sleeve logo removed

-'Three Star' logo placed on hip

V.2

Changes for version 3:

-Used the retro Oilers number font

-Lightened the light blue

-Added Navy for accents

-Helmet is now light blue

-Changed hip logo to navy, to be consistent with the state flag

-Changed up the helmet logo a bit, to make it 'pop' [for lack of better word].

V.3

Changes for version 4:

-Changed the number font once again (similar to the Virginia Tech football numbers)

-Back to a white helmet

V.4

Changes for version 5.1:

-Custom number font.

-Alternate is a navy version of the home/away jersey. With matching socks.

-Throwback is basically the jersey from 1981-1989. [Warren Moon, Earl Campbell].

titansssssssssss.png

throwwwbackkk.png

C&C is appreciated.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's well done and i prefer the sword logo on the helemt over the current one. in a perfect world i'd like the three star logo without the flames on the helmet.

i still need dark blue. there's no need to compromise. Tennessee is a new franchise and Houston has a new franchise.

if you are going to stick to the sword logo, i think the star logo should be on the sleeves.

it's well done and i prefer the sword logo on the helemt over the current one. in a perfect world i'd like the three star logo without the flames on the helmet.

i still need dark blue. there's no need to compromise. Tennessee is a new franchise and Houston has a new franchise.

if you are going to stick to the sword logo, i think the star logo should be on the sleeves.

[No offense to you but];

Tennessee isn't a new franchise.

There is a new name, but that doesn't mean it's a new franchise.

The history of the Titans, IS the Oilers.

Same thing with the Colts or the Jets, just because they changed cities/names, doesn't mean they're a different franchise.

Am I correct? I mean, I could be totally wrong with what I'm saying, but that's what I always thought.

Not bad. It's clean and I like the color shift to light blue and red. My one gripe: Please don't use the Texans numbers. I think it sends the wrong message using the numbers from the team that replaced the team the concept is for.

I thought that may be an issue.

But the font worked perfect with the concept.

So I'm not sure, I may change that.

[No offense to you but];

Same thing with the Colts or the Jets, just because they changed cities/names, doesn't mean they're a different franchise.

Am I correct? I mean, I could be totally wrong with what I'm saying, but that's what I always thought.

after doing some short research it looks like it's the same franchise under a new name and location. bud adams being the same owner re-enforces that. i guess the point i was making is that the city and fans in nashville have no allegiance to the houston oilers. bud adams may feel that way but i don't think people here do.

[No offense to you but];

after doing some short research it looks like it's the same franchise under a new name and location. bud adams being the same owner re-enforces that. i guess the point i was making is that the city and fans in nashville have no allegiance to the houston oilers. bud adams may feel that way but i don't think people here do.

Thanks for checking that out. I was 100% positive either.

And you may just be right.

Updated

Changes for version 2:

-Switched Back to Titans number font

-Numbers to sleeves instead of shoulders

-Sleeve logo removed

-'Three Star' logo placed on hip

Your sleeve number are still in the Texans font.

Wow.

Good call. haha.

Was going to point that out. I like it. It's the Titans identity, but still with a strong Oilers feel. Especially with the red facemask and striping on the helmet.....Only thing i'm not sold on is the sword logo on the helmet over the current logo...

a small semantic nitpick: the fireball logo's the one people call the "flaming thumbtack," not the sword. if I wasn't sleepy, I'd critique this somewhat thoroughly, so I'll do that sometime tomorrow.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

angle the sword so it is pointing 2 o clock instead of 12

Why would you do that? The Sword is also meant to represent a T if you go angling it that's lost.

On the subject of the sword, as much as I like the new/old colour scheme I dont think they are bold enough for the sword. I dunno if it looks better bigger but at that size on screen (which would be similar to viewing from the stands in a stadium) it all looks too light. Perhaps if the grey was darker and a stronger contrast to the red and blue it could work but right now it just looks a bit weak and watery.

Nice idea for a concept though and I like the uni's.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

angle the sword so it is pointing 2 o clock instead of 12

Why would you do that? The Sword is also meant to represent a T if you go angling it that's lost.

On the subject of the sword, as much as I like the new/old colour scheme I dont think they are bold enough for the sword. I dunno if it looks better bigger but at that size on screen (which would be similar to viewing from the stands in a stadium) it all looks too light. Perhaps if the grey was darker and a stronger contrast to the red and blue it could work but right now it just looks a bit weak and watery.

Nice idea for a concept though and I like the uni's.

9erssteve

Yea the logo is what I had the most problems with.

I agree with what you're saying 100%, just wasn't sure about how to fix it.

I think these would look far better with the Oilers' throwback number font (this one). That's such a fantastic font. The Titans' current number font clashes badly with these uniforms.

The problem with using that font would be that it may take you too far to the Oilers side of this compromise. You may want to put some navy back in or something.

Updated once again.

Jezuz Ghoti, I considered your suggestions. I think it looks much better now.

Changes for version 3:

-Used the retro Oilers number font

-Lightened the light blue

-Added Navy for accents

-Helmet is now light blue

-Changed hip logo to navy, to be consistent with the state flag

-Changed up the helmet logo a bit, to make it 'pop' [for lack of better word].

Archived