Senators Concept

penguin20

For this concept I used what I think is the best Sens logo as the primary, with a couple revisions in the cape and the face of the Senator. Then on the shoulders I created a logo based on the peace tower logo they used a few years ago but I made it so that it worked well with the other logos in the set. Then for the jerseys I used the laurel leaf pattern on the arms and waist but the other colouring was based off the orginal jerseys in '92. For the alt I went back to the all dark jerseys from '92 with the O logo, slightly modified to include the gold colour and to match the jersey striping. I did this as a bit of homage to the history of the franchise. Also the 3D Sen made an appearance as the shoulder patch on the alternates because, while I don't feel that it is strong enough on it's own, I think it works well in the package and also because the 3D Sen logo has been a mainstay in the package for so long I wanted to include it in some small way.

Anyway here they are, C&C please.

FinalSensDesignSheet.png

*Update bellow*

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

While these all, individually, look nice, let me tell you what I have a problem with; The home and away uniforms don't work together. Are they the same design? Yes, but the coloring just seems wrong to me. The red jersey feels like it has too much white while the away jersey feels like it has too much black. Say you keep the home the way it is, then I would make the red stripes on the away black and the black hem and cuff stripes red. Then from home to away the red/white colors just flip-flop places and it seems like a better "set." If you kept the away the way it is, then I don't think a red home jersey fits and you might consider going black. My opinion is; stick with the home the way it is, and try the suggestions for the away to make the set more "uniform."

As for the alternate; it's a nice throwback to their original (90s) jerseys, but the gold around the logo doesn't really fit for me. Also, what you did with the background behind the "O" is rather neat, but maybe make the red stripes thinner to have them more congruent with the stripes on the jersey. That might look pretty nice. Worth a shot, at the least.

One last peeve; the socks on the home and away. I've always liked the idea that if you're going to have a jersey where the body color and hem (separated by stripes) are different colors, you should try to reflect that in the socks. For example the home socks should have white at the bottom and the away should have black (or however you ended up altering the jerseys, if you do).

Yeah, I wrote a lot, but I wouldn't waste my time on garbage, so you should take all this as positive feedback on a set that looks really nice, but could be tweaked or touched up just a little to perfect the design. Good work. :)

For the most part, I like what you've done.

Here's what I don't like:

- The gold stripe on the home and away pants. It just looks wrong, and doesn't match the set at all.

- The weird blackness next to the top of the Peace Tower in the patch logo.

- That the alternate jersey is almost exclusively black and red, but yet you added gold to the 'O' logo. It actually wasn't needed at all if you were planning to slap it onto that jersey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

While these all, individually, look nice, let me tell you what I have a problem with; The home and away uniforms don't work together. Are they the same design? Yes, but the coloring just seems wrong to me. The red jersey feels like it has too much white while the away jersey feels like it has too much black. Say you keep the home the way it is, then I would make the red stripes on the away black and the black hem and cuff stripes red. Then from home to away the red/white colors just flip-flop places and it seems like a better "set." If you kept the away the way it is, then I don't think a red home jersey fits and you might consider going black. My opinion is; stick with the home the way it is, and try the suggestions for the away to make the set more "uniform."

At first, I disagreed with this, but then I thought about it, came back, re-read it, and it made plenty of sense, because that's what I would've done and have done whenever I've messed around with the Sens in a concept/personal experiment. So yeah, I echo that.

Also, if you're going to put the gold stripe on there, give it a thick outline with the red.

This is a great concept though. This is more nitpicking than anything, but I'm pretty sure everybody wants to see it look as good it possibly could.

Thanks for all the C&C guys. I'll work to fix some of what you guys have mentioned. The reason I went with the red stripes and black hem on the away is so that it kind of has a tie in with the jerseys of the early 90s. Also I'll try the O logo without the gold, I only added it so that the alt would have more similarity to the rest of the set and so that the shoulder patches would fit in a bit better. Thanks again and I will work to fix some of the problems.

Penquin...nice stuff. On the red sweater, I think I might replace the white with black, espescially on the waist. Sandwiched between the red sweater and black pants, it might stick out like a big white cumberbund.

Now, and this has nothing to do with your work Pengu, but I need to rant.

Ottawa should blow up its "Senator" theme. It's really dumb.

I can just envision the brain-storming session when they named the team...

"Let's call the team...the "Senators"!"

"Great idea boss, exept that in the modern Canadian dictionary, 'senator' is defined as...

'A drunken old fart at the public trough.'"

"Hmmm, well, let's use a Roman Senator theme!"

"Great idea boss, except that in the ancient Roman dictionary, 'senator' is defined as...

'A drunken old fart at the public trough.'"

The Ottawa deep-thinkers then decided to call the team the Senators and put a Legionnaire ( Roman warrior) on the logo.

Isn't that like calling your team the 'Aardvarks' and then using a lion as your logo?

Anyway, I like your sweaters with the O and Tower logos, and would love to see a new logo concept.

Great concept, here is my unqualified opinion.

Alternate: What pops in this concept is the alternate jersey. So much so that, in fact, the alternate kit in this concept should replace the home kit in this concept. I know it's pretty much a recolorization, but I really like the way it came together, especially the collar. Another nice touch is the inclusion of gold around the logo and in the Rbk labels.

Away: I'd suggest you use the =O= logo on the away and replace all the golden leaf print with some black if you want the home and away to follow the same sort of template. I really like how you made the away look like the 90's white jersey. I'd stay with that but I'd also use the pants from the alternate set.

Home: I'd use your current home but as the alternate because the Senators tend to use the gold leaf as striping on their alternate jerseys. Have you tried this jersey with the unfairly hated 3D logo? The fact that it has more gold on it might make it pop more. I would also seriously consider changing the white sleeves to black as has been said by someone else I believe.

I agree with pretty much all the other comments in this thread. One thing I would add is that all 3 jerseys should have the Peace tower patch on the shoulders. People love that patch and you've made it even better. It should also be on the pants.

MORE PEACE TOWER PATCH = MORE GOOD

thecatch.jpg

this is da best NHL concept ive ever seen. i know im new to the boards, and i guess im not qualified to judge it, but still, this is one great concept. i liked that you stuck with the current colors, but really upgraded the jerseys with the striping, which looks quite interesting and detailed. i also like your alternate jersey idea. ive always loved the throwback/alternate third jersey concept.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Taking some of your comments and suggestions I did my best to make the home and away uniforms more of a set. I tried all sorts of colour combos to try to keep the home jersey red but in the end it could not be done because I didn't want to change, what I think is a stronger uniform, the away. So for that reason I ended up with a black home as well as a black alt. So I tried to differentiate them more by taking the tie-up collars off the home and away and by changing up the pants. I also made a couple adjustments to the O logo and put the peace tower patch on the alternate uniform shoulders. Hopefully these changes are all for the better and please continue your C&C.

FinalSensDesignSheet2.png

Taking some of your comments and suggestions I did my best to make the home and away uniforms more of a set. I tried all sorts of colour combos to try to keep the home jersey red but in the end it could not be done because I didn't want to change, what I think is a stronger uniform, the away. So for that reason I ended up with a black home as well as a black alt. So I tried to differentiate them more by taking the tie-up collars off the home and away and by changing up the pants. I also made a couple adjustments to the O logo and put the peace tower patch on the alternate uniform shoulders. Hopefully these changes are all for the better and please continue your C&C.

FinalSensDesignSheet2.png

If you wanted to stick with the home being red (and not having another black jersey for an alternate), what about something like this? It's a little rough because it's a quick recolor, but just throwing it out there.

3819491956_ccd8b7914f_o.png

It looks good with the black home, however it defeats your idea for the alternate since the home and alternate are almost exactly the same. Looking nice, though. Good work.

Archived