Waving Flag

Wasatch

not being perfectly square would help

That might just be the pic

well i meant have it flow like a flag, not bound to a shape.

When a flag is waving it does not hold it's rectangular shape, so it shouldn't have sharp edges. Depending on what you're doing this for it might be fine. It looks great so far though!

not being perfectly square would help

That might just be the pic

well i meant have it flow like a flag, not bound to a shape.

When a flag is waving it does not hold it's rectangular shape, so it shouldn't have sharp edges. Depending on what you're doing this for it might be fine. It looks great so far though!

exactly,

make the outline of the flag wavey too

I should have known CreamSoda would jump on how authentic it looks first! thicon_lol.gif You're right though, a flag doesn't retain it's rectangular shape when waving. In order to maintain the shape and look after you displace the image, you'd have to mask around the edges.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Here's another example (not meant to be realistic as possible).

united_states_-_unitied_kingdom_fla.jpg

I quite like this one, not because it looks like a flag but because it looks like you're looking at something at the bottom of a shallow pool. With all the shine it's looks more like distortion and refraction caused by water than anything else, and that could be a cool technique to develop further.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Here's my first attempt at adding a bit more texture to the flag but I'm really not satisfied. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to add some realistic looking texture? I tried Canvas this time but it's just not working out.

american_flag_textured1.jpg

I quite like this one, not because it looks like a flag but because it looks like you're looking at something at the bottom of a shallow pool. With all the shine it's looks more like distortion and refraction caused by water than anything else, and that could be a cool technique to develop further.

9erssteve

Right you are 9erssteve, I never looked at it quite like that before. I'll have to try that with some water here soon.

Wasatch, by chance, are you taking requests? I totally dig the US-UK flag but would like to replace the UK with New Zealand at least the portion of the Southern Cross (Four Stars).

Sure, I don't mind fulfilling anyone's requests regarding this. I'll post yours a little later on.

Thanks

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived