Nba Rookie Of The Year

Nick 1733

I honestly think with the publicity these 2 are getting they will be co-rookies of the year. If they decide not to co-rookie it I think they should go with LeBron, though I like 'Melo more. He has brought so much publicity to the Cleveland franchise as well as lead his team to the playoff hunt. Melo is a big part of the Nuggets team though, saying he isn't is definately not true. The leading scorer on any team is obviously a big part to it. I would like to see the 2 split the rookie of the year trophy.

I'm with you on this one, Chris. Carmelo is not as important to his team as LeBron is.

i don't think that should have anything to do with this. And if it did... it would have to work in favor of Carmelo. Carmelo does JUST as much when he doesn't need to do it. The Nuggets don't look to Carmelo to score as the Cavs look to Lebron James. Which makes the fact that Carmelo puts up just as many ppg as Lebron just as impressive.

Plus, there was a month in which Carmelo Anthony averaged 28 per game.

Carmelo has a better FG% and a better 3PT%. He's not afraid to post up against the big men in the West.

The Cavaliers didn't do anything until they did a few trades, one to get rid of Ricky Davis. Plus, the Nuggets record, being in the West, is alot more impressive than the Cavaliers record... who gets the luxury of being in the East.

With almost all stats equal except for the ones in which position helps to enhance those stats (like assists for Lebron)... you have to give it to Carmelo.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm with you on this one, Chris.  Carmelo is not as important to his team as LeBron is.

i don't think that should have anything to do with this. And if it did... it would have to work in favor of Carmelo. Carmelo does JUST as much when he doesn't need to do it. The Nuggets don't look to Carmelo to score as the Cavs look to Lebron James. Which makes the fact that Carmelo puts up just as many ppg as Lebron just as impressive.

Plus, there was a month in which Carmelo Anthony averaged 28 per game.

Carmelo has a better FG% and a better 3PT%. He's not afraid to post up against the big men in the West.

The Cavaliers didn't do anything until they did a few trades, one to get rid of Ricky Davis. Plus, the Nuggets record, being in the West, is alot more impressive than the Cavaliers record... who gets the luxury of being in the East.

With almost all stats equal except for the ones in which position helps to enhance those stats (like assists for Lebron)... you have to give it to Carmelo.

LeBron is far more valuable to his team than Carmelo is. Carmelo has a far stronger supporting cast (Andre Miller, Nene, Voshon Lenard). Carmelo has guys that can take a game over if he slumps. Carmelo doesn't.

LeBron, and I'm not voting him just because I hate Carmelo!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

LeBron, and I'm not voting him just because I hate Carmelo!

Yes you are :P

Carmelo has certainly had some great performances and he's arguable the best Rookie but for some reason I'm leaning towards LeBron. I just think he impacts his team more than Carmelo has. Also, what Carmelo did in Detroit isn't really going to help him get votes from anybody!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'd give it to LeBron too, I think he's a better all-rounder.

QUOTE (InTheEnd88 @ Mar 31 2004, 02:52 AM)

QUOTE (shiznit1083 @ Mar 30 2004, 09:32 PM)

I'm with you on this one, Chris.  Carmelo is not as important to his team as LeBron is. 

I always thought that the MVP was the player who is the best player and most important player to his team's success. being the best doesn't mean being an individual player, it's being a team player, and contributing to the success of your team

Take your pick. The statistics look very evenly matched but LeBron just comes a crossed as more of a team player. He just seems like the better fit for the Rookie of the Year award.

rookie_comparison.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

As much as I love 'Melo (I'd love him more if he'd stayed one more year and I'd have gotten to see him...), I gotta give my vote to LeBron. I was all 'Melo up until I saw LeBron dominate the last 5 minutes of the Cavs-Nets game last week...I can't remember seeing anything like that in the last couple years of NBA basketball.

Something tells me that at some point in the future we'll see Carmelo and LeBron meet face to face in the Finals. When it comes down to it, LeBron will have the better career!

Retired Number's To Come

i agree, i see cowinners with mello and lebron coming up, but i think lebron edges out mello slightly if id give it to 1 person

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived