LMU Tweaks the NFL!

LMU

Good work proving me wrong, LMU. haha. I like this look, and it resembles a recent Jaguars concept I did, so I can't complain at all. I just hope the stalking Jag on the sleeves would work. It seems short enough vertically that it would.

Now up are the Steelers. I went back to the classic look here (don't worry, there's plenty of other teams out there can can go modern).

Changes:

*Eliminated gray logo outline, changing to black/yellow to mimic sleeve striping

*Helmet logo on both sides of helmet (controversial, but consistent)

*Return to block numbers/text

*Added outlining to numbers/text to mimic sleeve striping

*Shrunk the pants striping a bit

*Got rid of the helmet numbers, since with the change to block, it would look too close to the Giants

VmWIn6B.png

Next up is my team, the Chargers. Not too much done, just wanted to remedy some of the flaws of their update.

Chargers.png

Changes:

*Added white outline to cases where the navy outline was lost on navy fabric

*Replaced pants striping to a modification of their previous pattern. I'm not a fan of how curvy the current one is

*Ditched the navy pants. I hate the navy pants with the navy socks, and I couldn't find a way to make socks work with them. Besides, thanks to Madden, I've grown to love the Bolts in all white

*Flipped the orientation of the bolts on the sleeves. I actually love them in the current configuration for fan jerseys, but this way they match the seams

*Moved the numbers to the sleeves, since the shoulders are pretty packed the way it is

VmWIn6B.png

Next up is my team, the Chargers. Not too much done, just wanted to remedy some of the flaws of their update.

Chargers.png

Changes:

*Replaced pants striping to a modification of their previous pattern. I'm not a fan of how curvy the current one is

*Ditched the navy pants. I hate the navy pants with the navy socks, and I couldn't find a way to make socks work with them. Besides, thanks to Madden, I've grown to love the Bolts in all white

*Flipped the orientation of the bolts on the sleeves. I actually love them in the current configuration for fan jerseys, but this way they match the seams

*Moved the numbers to the sleeves, since the shoulders are pretty packed the way it is

Not to mention the orientation of the helmet bolts. The 'upside down' shoulder bolt is one of the goofiest things in sports.

Good work on all of these. I usually have plenty to nitpick but really the only thing that made me say "Um, no" was adding the Steeler logo onto the opposite side of the helmet.

Great job in particular on the Jags. If they were wearing that it'd be a major upgrade over their new look.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Chargers.png

You don't know how long I've wanted them to go all white. The blue pants just look clunky with the white jersey. That's a team that could actually benefit from going monochrome every once in a while.

That said, these are all nice. I like the Jaguars the most. It's amazing what a touch of gold could do to that jersey.

i agree the all white look is definetly better for the chargers than with the blue pants but something about the lighting bolts on the side of the pants just dont look right to me maybe the color of the bolt is slightly too dark i cant put my finger on it it just doesnt look right

Giants.png

sg048n.jpg

Chargers.png

Changes:

The Chargers are "my" team, and the changes you made were all things that I've wanted to see them do with one exception. I prefer the navy pants with the white jerseys. The Bolts had an all-white look a couple of times since they retired the gold pants, and they just do not look good on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

I have quite a few complaints with the current 49ers modern retro look, so after pondering for a bit, here's how I'd improve the look:

49ers3.png

Changes:

*Tweaked primary logo, removing black and the stylized warped outline

*Facemask changed to red

*Sleeve striping moved up the sleeves

*Gold outline added to the sleeve striping and text, so that gold is represented in the jersey

*Old-style striping added to the socks

And note: the colors are what colorwerx has on his site, so if they look too dark, that's why.

Needs white shoes. Other than that, well done. It's the update the 49ers should have done in the mid-'90s.

Packers-2.png

Chargers.png

Changes:

Uh ... many of these are not improvements. For instance, the all-white. If you hate navy (a sentiment with which I would disagree -- they look much faster in the white-over-navy), then go gold (i.e. the Fouts era). And the numbers belong on the shoulders, not the biceps, because that is NFL standard. (Yes, I know some teams don't do that.)

Packers-2.png

Archived