LMU Tweaks the NFL!

LMU

I have quite a few complaints with the current 49ers modern retro look, so after pondering for a bit, here's how I'd improve the look:

49ers3.png

Changes:

*Tweaked primary logo, removing black and the stylized warped outline

*Facemask changed to red

*Sleeve striping moved up the sleeves

*Gold outline added to the sleeve striping and text, so that gold is represented in the jersey

*Old-style striping added to the socks

And note: the colors are what colorwerx has on his site, so if they look too dark, that's why.

VmWIn6B.png

as much as i love the 49ers current look, i think that the black in it, makes it look too modern and the 49ers are a classic team, that need a classic look. I guess what i'm trying to say is that this is a definite improvement on what they wear now. Great stuff man.

This is pretty much exactly what I said the 49ers needed to do to correct their uniforms, so I can't really pick out anything I don't like about it. Great idea, great execution.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I like it, the only thing I would say is either have the gold outline round the logo at all time, I know it will be unnoticeable on the helmet, or use a white one at all times. For consistencies sake you shouldn't go changing things on logos like that, I cant think of any Pro team in any sport that does. Your primary logo should be just that the first and strongest logo you have it shouldn't vary, if for no other reason than in the real world some numpty is bound to use the wrong version at precisely the wrong moment and cause you all kinds of grief!

I know I'm in the minority but I actually like the grey facemasks, it's a nostalgia thing I'm sure but it just seems right to me, I was never a fan of the red masks on the last uni, but from a design standpoint I can see why you've done it and it works, even if to me it doesn't "feel" right. Only other thing you might want to do is move the reebok logo down from the shoulder to the sleeve to make your template more accurate.

Well executed and well thought out, it's not revolutionary but that was never your intent and the result is a solid piece of work.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Version 3 posted.

Primary logo now has a gold and white outline, and is used on the helmet, so there's not the problem mentioned about having to change the primary.

Also, Reebok logos now on the sleeves.

VmWIn6B.png

Decided to make this more or less a "series." Not going to hit some teams, most likely, but I'll try to keep this going.

Next up on the hit parade is the Cowboys. Of problems, they have many, so here's my fix for them.

Cowboys.png

Changes:

*Picked one shade of silver and one shade of blue, using the official franchise colors that they have listed.

*Removed black from the striping.

*Text and striping thinly outlined in silver.

*Return of the throwback font.

*Added wordmark under color.

*Added sock striping.

VmWIn6B.png

Next up are the Chiefs.

Chiefs2.png

Changes:

*Black removed, primary tweaked to add yellow.

*Wordmark added to jersey.

*Lamar Hunt memorial patched recolored so it doesn't clash with the rest of it.

VmWIn6B.png

my only real complaint is that the striping on the red pants doesn't match the striping on the red jersey... even though the striping from the white pants matches the white jersey.

fantastic job overall.

my only real complaint is that the striping on the red pants doesn't match the striping on the red jersey... even though the striping from the white pants matches the white jersey.

fantastic job overall.

In all honesty, that's the way the pants currently are designed. But, I agree that it's kind of odd, so I posted a revision to remedy that.

VmWIn6B.png

I really like the way this is going, but you may be proving that the NFL needs some modern uniform designs. I mean, all three teams have the exact same pants, and 2 out of 3 have very similar sleeve stripes. You may like classic football looks, as most on here probably do, but not all teams have to look the same. I don't know where you are going with this, so it may just be the first three that look very classic...if so, ignore me. While I love the designs I just think it might be very boring to see every team trotting out the same general look for games. Think about how we react to seeing templates take over leagues/conferences/sports, we hate them all looking similar. I hope some teams look unique and more modern, but again, you may have been going there anyway without my comment. Nice work on the first three, and I would love to see any of these used in real life.

I really like the way this is going, but you may be proving that the NFL needs some modern uniform designs. I mean, all three teams have the exact same pants, and 2 out of 3 have very similar sleeve stripes. You may like classic football looks, as most on here probably do, but not all teams have to look the same. I don't know where you are going with this, so it may just be the first three that look very classic...if so, ignore me. While I love the designs I just think it might be very boring to see every team trotting out the same general look for games. Think about how we react to seeing templates take over leagues/conferences/sports, we hate them all looking similar. I hope some teams look unique and more modern, but again, you may have been going there anyway without my comment. Nice work on the first three, and I would love to see any of these used in real life.

Very valid point, so far you have tackled some traditional looking teams, so it's completely understandable that all pants are the same, however, I'm hoping you try to tweak the Jaguars, Cardinals, and Falcons, cause god know they need it. All 3 look good btw.

Next up are the Jaguars. See? I'm not one of those complete traditionalists after all!

Jaguars.png

This one, I kept the basic feel of their current set (complete with the teal-flake helmets), with the following tweaks:

*Brought back old wordmark and number font (but ditched the name font)

*Added gold trim to everything

*Returned the stalking jaguar to the sleeves

*Changed the road pants and road text to teal

VmWIn6B.png

Loving this series. Keep up the good work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Next up are the Jaguars. See? I'm not one of those complete traditionalists after all!

can you make the stripe on the pants not turn so abruptly? it seems to flow on the jersey but cut on the pants.

and thank you for bringing back the old numbers.

Archived