2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Man, I was there, and that's gotta be top five greatest sporting events I've ever been to. I can't think of three that beat it right now. What a game. What a finish. It still only counts for one in the standings, but talk about getting your money's worth.

Now hopefully we can get healthy and stay healthy, because watching Ben Lovejoy and Martin Skoula pretend to be NHL defensemen isn't fun.

It sure looked like someone was offsides on that game-tying goal :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canes finally won. And I though the Leafs had a hard season.

What I'd like to know is, who's the genius that scheduled the Wild vs. 'Canes game for a Sunday afternoon in November in the same time slot as both the Vikings and (Carolina) Panthers? Only about 12,000 bothered to show up for this game, and I can't imagine the TV ratings in either market were exactly through the roof either.

CCSLC signature.png

Who?

Pretty sure he means crosby. Its impossible to tell, though, because the camera cuts from the wide view to just Malkin just before the puck crosses the line, and any replay fails to show that point. But as far as I can tell, it was onside. Call it biased, but It isn't.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Canes finally won. And I though the Leafs had a hard season.

What I'd like to know is, who's the genius that scheduled the Wild vs. 'Canes game for a Sunday afternoon in November in the same time slot as both the Vikings and (Carolina) Panthers? Only about 12,000 bothered to show up for this game, and I can't imagine the TV ratings in either market were exactly through the roof either.

The same genius that scheduled an Atlanta - Edmonton and Chicago - San Jose match-up on a Sunday. Interestingly enough, all three games were very, very close.

It's a season where you're already playing too many days out of each week as it is because of the stupid Olympics. They can't concede every single Sunday for four months because some people might watch football instead. Maybe that Wild-Canes start time was odd because both of their football teams were playing at the same time, but the other games didn't have that problem.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a season where you're already playing too many days out of each week as it is because of the stupid Olympics. They can't concede every single Sunday for four months because some people might watch football instead. Maybe that Wild-Canes start time was odd because both of their football teams were playing at the same time, but the other games didn't have that problem.

Why are the Winter Olympics stupid?

I don't really pay attention to the Olympics. I don't find them all that important. As far as hockey goes, I'm more concerned with the team I've been following for years than I am with some ramshackle all-star team of people who were born in the same general area.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't really pay attention to the Olympics. I don't find them all that important. As far as hockey goes, I'm more concerned with the team I've been following for years than I am with some ramshackle all-star team of people who were born in the same general area.

You, my friend, must not be a fan of fast paced and exciting hockey. Are you a Leafs fan? :D

thecatch.jpg

Team honor over National honor, fair enough, though sounds conceited. Not every Winter Olympics can produce a "Miracle On Ice", but it's quite impressive and exhilarating when one of the have-nots makes some noise in the tournament stage, just like in the NHL playoffs!

I want to see hockey succeed in Phoenix, as long as those in charge see Phoenix as a market where the sport can turn a profit (or at least not lose $30 million per year)....

That said, it's painful watching the Fox Sports Arizona feed. It's like watching Sesame Street, they've dumbed down the game so much. They had a "Text us" trivia question asking what TOI means, and gave these three options: Times Offside, Time On Ice, and Teammates On Ice. And their "Hockey U" segment explained what icing is. Seriously.

It's not like they just got a team...they've been there for 15 years!

I want to see hockey succeed in Phoenix, as long as those in charge see Phoenix as a market where the sport can turn a profit (or at least not lose $30 million per year)....

That said, it's painful watching the Fox Sports Arizona feed. It's like watching Sesame Street, they've dumbed down the game so much. They had a "Text us" trivia question asking what TOI means, and gave these three options: Times Offside, Time On Ice, and Teammates On Ice. And their "Hockey U" segment explained what icing is. Seriously.

It's not like they just got a team...they've been there for 15 years!

I also noticed that a large number of the adverts on the boards, are actually the teams own adverts. I know Canadian companies sometimes buy ad space on boards in Miami and Tampa when the Leafs or Habs are down there, I wonder if they will start doing that in Phoenix.

1zqy8ok.gif

Columbus thought his development would be best served in the KHL, so they loaned him to his old team; he didn't exactly "bolt" back to Russia.

This is the beginning of a proper working relationship between the NHL and the KHL, just you wait and see.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Columbus thought his development would be best served in the KHL, so they loaned him to his old team; he didn't exactly "bolt" back to Russia.

This is the beginning of a proper working relationship between the NHL and the KHL, just you wait and see.

Who's gonna pay his salary? That's the real question. Basically, what they are saying is that this player sucks so you can have him. They have development teams in Syracuse and Gwinnett, so by sending him back to Russia tells me this player royally sucks and he can't even crack the rosters of two minor league teams.

Who's gonna pay his salary? That's the real question. Basically, what they are saying is that this player sucks so you can have him. They have development teams in Syracuse and Gwinnett, so by sending him back to Russia tells me this player royally sucks and he can't even crack the rosters of two minor league teams.

By playing in the KHL hes has the comfort of home, and he will be one of the top players on a competitive team.

Anyways..

Forsberg and Naslund both return to MODO and decline salaries. I don't know if I should commend them of call them stupid for passing up the money.

You'd be wrong. He's one of the top prospects if you can even call him a prospect anymore. He made the team out of training camp so he cracked the NHL roster, but was struggling this year. Personally, I think it's because Hitchcock has no patience for him. The kid makes one turnover and you don't see him the rest of the game. He was a healthy scratch for the last game and now this. The kid has tremendous talent and certainly does not royally suck. I think he requested to go to the KHL because he didn't like it in Syracuse. So he'll go to the KHL, have the pleasures of home, get more playing time and if he wants to he'll return to the Blue Jackets. Also, If he's on loan, I'm pretty sure that means that they will pay his salary.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived