2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

It's apparent that the Bruins have given up, even though there is still 9 minutes to play. This is why I can't wait for college hockey to start....

Missin one nut yet? :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's apparent that the Bruins have given up, even though there is still 9 minutes to play. This is why I can't wait for college hockey to start....

Missin one nut yet? :D

I'm sure the potential top 3 pick that they got for him will be well worth it. In back-to-back years, no less. ;)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Last night's Blues/Sharks match-up played out a lot like their miracle win in Boston last year. It was one of those nights where the officiating was gross & yet the Blues never quit & pulled out a win. If they had the same hunger they showed last night for every game this season, their record would be a lot better than it is. Maybe they'll get on a tear just like after the afore mentioned Bruins game. One question to anyone from L.A.--why is Saturday's game in the afternoon?

Clippers game that night.

In the occasion that the Lakers/Clippers have a game the same day as the Kings, the Kings game is in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's so the ice doesnt get messed up due to the heat from the basketball game. If they had the day basketball game with the floor down and the heat in the building, the ice wouldnt be as smooth and it would take a little while to set it all up.

It's just an easier arena conversion from one to the next, I beleive.

Ah! Thank you; that didn't occur to me at all. The NBA is such a non-factor in these parts that it's easy to forget.

Last night's Blues/Sharks match-up played out a lot like their miracle win in Boston last year. It was one of those nights where the officiating was gross & yet the Blues never quit & pulled out a win. If they had the same hunger they showed last night for every game this season, their record would be a lot better than it is. Maybe they'll get on a tear just like after the afore mentioned Bruins game. One question to anyone from L.A.--why is Saturday's game in the afternoon?

In the occasion that the Lakers/Clippers have a game the same day as the Kings, the Kings game is in the afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's so the ice doesnt get messed up due to the heat from the basketball game. If they had the day basketball game with the floor down and the heat in the building, the ice wouldnt be as smooth and it would take a little while to set it all up.

I'm also under the impression that it's quicker to set the basketball court up than it is to take it down. I've been to at least one Peoria Rivermen game that was substantially delayed because it took them more time than expected to pull up the court from the Bradley game that afternoon.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm also under the impression that it's quicker to set the basketball court up than it is to take it down. I've been to at least one Peoria Rivermen game that was substantially delayed because it took them more time than expected to pull up the court from the Bradley game that afternoon.

Ultimately, it depends on which tenant is higher in the pecking order. The Lakers and Clippers are likely above the Kings on the Staples Center totem pole.

Ultimately, it depends on which tenant is higher in the pecking order. The Lakers and Clippers are likely above the Kings on the Staples Center totem pole.

Do you think the Clippers have their own dressing room, or do they share with the Lakers? Or given that the Lakers don't want that ungodly stench of failure hanging around, do the Clips just have a bunch of Atco trailers out back by the loading docks?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, the Kings own the building, so I'd hope they at least have enough self-worth to give themselves priority over the Clippers.

When I went to a Kings game a few years back I noticed that the team store was divided into three sections - half was the Kings, and the remaining half was divided between Lakers and Clippers. (each section had a colour (Yellow, Red and I think Purple so you knew which teams stuff was where). It was pretty cool.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Do you think the Clippers have their own dressing room, or do they share with the Lakers? Or given that the Lakers don't want that ungodly stench of failure hanging around, do the Clips just have a bunch of Atco trailers out back by the loading docks?

The Clippers probably have their own room. Staples Center probably has four fully-furnished locker rooms: one each for the tenants, and one visiting NBA/NHL locker room. They also likely have a few "tournament" locker rooms, which are basically medium-sized rooms with fold-out tables and chairs.

Welcome back to the NHL, Peter Laviolette.

Congratulations on winning one NHL hockey game. Impressive accomplishment.

The only thing that stood out in this game occurred when Matt Bradley was sucker punched by Daniel Carcillo. The Flyers never recovered afterwards.

I've got tickets to the the Caps - Flyers game in January and I expect another battle between the two teams.

The only thing that stood out in this game occurred when Matt Bradley was sucker punched by Daniel Carcillo. The Flyers never recovered afterwards.

I've got tickets to the the Caps - Flyers game in January and I expect another battle between the two teams.

The Caps have a better weapon than any enforcer, and thats a potent powerplay. Who needs morons who take stupid penalties and do nothing else when you can make teams who have those morons pay with 3 pp goals on a 9 min pp?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Flyers dismiss Stevens as their coach; eyeing Laviolette.

done deal....press conference in 20 minutes

Been out of town and not checking up on local sports news until today...

Wow. The guy had the personality of a paper bag, but I thought that his relationship with the core players would have bought him some more time (though I guess he did get close to three seasons.)

Just read that Mike Richards was so pissed about this that he resigned as captain. This is not going to end well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Flyers dismiss Stevens as their coach; eyeing Laviolette.

done deal....press conference in 20 minutes

Been out of town and not checking up on local sports news until today...

Wow. The guy had the personality of a paper bag, but I thought that his relationship with the core players would have bought him some more time (though I guess he did get close to three seasons.)

Just read that Mike Richards was so pissed about this that he resigned as captain. This is not going to end well.

Can any Flyers fan(s) provide some information on your coaching change?

Did someone from the Flyers Front Office think so highly of Laviolette's opinions while he was on Versus that they hired him so quickly?

OR was Stevens a lame-duck no matter how the team started the season that he was gone before the New Year AND that the Front Office wanted to hire Laviolette as the new coach during the offseason?

Don't know anything about their interest in Laviolette, and haven't been around to listen to the people who would know to get their opinions.

I do know that they're really disappointed with how last season ended, and how they were playing this year. When you feel that you have the talent, but aren't getting the results, that usually means it's time for a coach to go. When Stevens was moved up as the replacement for Ken Hitchcock a few years ago, the big reason was because he coached so many of these guys while they were on the Phantoms, and they all had such a good relationship that he would make it easier for them to become good NHL players (which most of them have.) Unfortunately, it's easy to get comfortable, and it gets to a point where you listen to the same guy for so many years, and his words just have less impact after a while. Or from the other perspective, the coach may be so comfortable with some of his players, that maybe he withholds criticism that he otherwise should be giving him.

I guess I'm pretty happy, because listening to John Sevens get interviewed is like listening to a 2x4. I'm pretty sure that if I had to chose one or the other to go out to dinner with, I'd choose the 2x4.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Caps have a better weapon than any enforcer, and thats a potent powerplay. Who needs morons who take stupid penalties and do nothing else when you can make teams who have those morons pay with 3 pp goals on a 9 min pp?

As much as I love seeing the PP Unit perform, however, I cannot overlook how porous the PK Unit is when the Caps are shorthanded. Currently, the Caps are ranked 19th on the PK and have let in 24 goals while being short handed 114 times, for a 78.9% PK success rate. Hopefully, this stat is improved upon as the season progresses.

Don't know anything about their interest in Laviolette, and haven't been around to listen to the people who would know to get their opinions.

I do know that they're really disappointed with how last season ended, and how they were playing this year. When you feel that you have the talent, but aren't getting the results, that usually means it's time for a coach to go. When Stevens was moved up as the replacement for Ken Hitchcock a few years ago, the big reason was because he coached so many of these guys while they were on the Phantoms, and they all had such a good relationship that he would make it easier for them to become good NHL players (which most of them have.) Unfortunately, it's easy to get comfortable, and it gets to a point where you listen to the same guy for so many years, and his words just have less impact after a while. Or from the other perspective, the coach may be so comfortable with some of his players, that maybe he withholds criticism that he otherwise should be giving him.

I guess I'm pretty happy, because listening to John Sevens get interviewed is like listening to a 2x4. I'm pretty sure that if I had to chose one or the other to go out to dinner with, I'd choose the 2x4.

I'll chalk up last night's defeat as an aberration as Laviolette did not have enough time to develop an effective game plan against the Caps.

Sid is back in tonight against the Hurrilames, I was hoping Godard would sit so Letestu could play, after the Hawks game he deserves to play. He could even fit on the 4th line or the 2nd to be honest since Geno sucks at faceoffs.

Talbot, Crosby, Guerin

Fedotenko, Letestu, Malkin

Cooke, Staal, Kennedy

Dupuis, Rupp, Adams

Sitting - Godard

It's CarLOLina, they have no real legit enforcer, if Walker wanted to throw down, Rupp would crush him.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived