Detroit lions - new uniforms

TruColor

Cowboy Kevin found this on a Lions message board, and sent it to me:

Lions New.jpg

This looks legit; I've seen other official NFL Properties uniform specs, and they look just like this.

It's pretty much what we thought; the only thing that kind of bugs me is the lack of any Black on the pants.

Roger's right, the blue needs some white.  But I dig the black accents, myself, I don't find them distracting at all.

Now, they need to go with that detailed Lions logo that SHB did.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You guys are all crazy!!! This makes me want to f****** puke!!! Another team adds black needlessly!!?? Disgusting!! They look like the f****** Panthers! They had one of the nicest unis in the NFL, and the last thing they need is black. Now my Joey Harrington jersey that I just got for Christmas is already outdated! Jesus H. Christ!!! C'mon people of the NFL!!! come to your senses for the love of God!!!!!! I'm gonna go cry now.

While Chazberg's out back sobbing, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that when teams add black strategically, it can do wonders for the crisp and clean look. There is no better contrast than good ol' black and white, and the white jersey proves that. The blue jersey doesn't have the right white contrast in the sleeves, but I like it. I hope they didn't put a black outline around the lion on the helmet, though. The blue outline is borderline, but a black outline would make it look far too cumbersome.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

now that I look at it more, I feel that they shouldnt have added striping to the neck line. Its not a bad update, but there are small things that could be done to make it better.

the black facemask needs to go. the 49ers added black but the facemask was made cardinal red (it was changed from gray okay!)

BTW, I did happen to find a current 49ers uniform without black in it. Wanna see?

Image2789.jpg

heh heh, okay I just wanted to look at cheerleader okay, so dress me in brown for it!  :P

Hey pantone, is it just me or is the blue in this new jersey the same one used in the throwback jersey, last seen on Thanksgiving?  This blue is darker than the "honolulu blue" that was the official Lion color.  The type is too small to read.

What do you think?

Archived