Oakland Raiders

Dave Ship

hey i like your stuff dude, it looks great, but the bears and this one are both just Cleaning up their uni's

the 2nd bears one you did is pretty much the exact same thing as the current bears but with an orange belt and moved the GSH, and this one is the same just with white instead of grey, and New numbers on both?

it looks great dude, i like it, but i think you should try to drastically change those 2. piping might look good on the raiders or maybe some silver on the side? just trying to help

hey i like your stuff dude, it looks great, but the bears and this one are both just Cleaning up their uni's

the 2nd bears one you did is pretty much the exact same thing as the current bears but with an orange belt and moved the GSH, and this one is the same just with white instead of grey, and New numbers on both?

it looks great dude, i like it, but i think you should try to drastically change those 2. piping might look good on the raiders or maybe some silver on the side? just trying to help

You're a rookie on this board. So I guarantee you that if you tweak too much a franchise like the Raiders you'll get crucified here. And, well, it's not just a matter of comment, I think that the Raiders have one of the best and most historically untouchable kit of all time. I'm pretty sure that Raiders supporters are very proud of their traditional and unique look.

P.S. If you want some out-of-the-box concept just check out my (old) site, which is linked on my signature.

Peace

No man, i LOVE the Raiders jeseys, some of my favorites, love the classic-ness

but im saying if you take the time to make a concept, why just change one or 2 things? (and by the way, im a bears fan and YEAH I am very proud of our traditional look, and i agree raiders fan feel the exact same way too)

I love what you did, only problem is it looks exactly the same to me.

and im a rookie on the boards but ive been looking at designs here for a year or so. and yeah ill for sure check out your other stuff on your link, Ive LOVED your earlier stuff

No man, i LOVE the Raiders jeseys, some of my favorites, love the classic-ness

but im saying if you take the time to make a concept, why just change one or 2 things? (and by the way, im a bears fan and YEAH I am very proud of our traditional look, and i agree raiders fan feel the exact same way too)

I love what you did, only problem is it looks exactly the same to me.

and im a rookie on the boards but ive been looking at designs here for a year or so. and yeah ill for sure check out your other stuff on your link, Ive LOVED your earlier stuff

I know what you mean, and my earlier works were going exactly that way. But then I learned that when you start out a concept you can't just think "Hey, I wanna do something cool! I add a pipe there, another one here, some extra gold up there". No, a concept is a research of the traditions of the city/state from where the franchise come from, it's respect for the past, attention to the rivalry and so on.

If you just let your fantasy flying, well, that's masturbation of the mind. Which is good, but pointless.

You're a rookie on this board. So I guarantee you that if you tweak too much a franchise like the Raiders you'll get crucified here. And, well, it's not just a matter of comment, I think that the Raiders have one of the best and most historically untouchable kit of all time. I'm pretty sure that Raiders supporters are very proud of their traditional and unique look.

P.S. If you want some out-of-the-box concept just check out my (old) site, which is linked on my signature.

Peace

Even if it's a conservative team, you should at least tweak the logo. I'm not saying alter it drastically, just bring into the 21st century. It just seems that you could have done more while still maintaining the brand.

Was the change in number font intentional, or an oversight? I think that a font change would be OK, I'm just not sure that this is the one they should switch to. Also, perhaps a wordmark under the collar would work here? Slight change / modernization without really going too far? Also, is the number white on the black jersey? Or just a really light silver? It may look better if it matched the helmet / pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The white text on the home looks really odd. Looks almost like a Miami Sharks jersey with the current Raiders look.

You might try silver numbers with a thin white outline, and have the road mimic the color of the AFL throwback, since that looked really sharp on TV.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived