2 new Olympic sports for 2016

Saintsfan

I'm really excited to see that Sevens is now an Olympic sport. That's definitely going to be an exciting competition, and it should be interesting considering that Brazil isn't exactly a hotbed of Rugby activity & all.

Golf's going to be cool as well, especially considering that it has a chance for some ridiculous scenery. Could be some great imagery for the Olympics, plus Tiger & other golfers could have a shot to say that they did something that no other golfer has ever done: Win a Gold medal.

Β 

Β 

I'm really excited to see that Sevens is now an Olympic sport. That's definitely going to be an exciting competition, and it should be interesting considering that Brazil isn't exactly a hotbed of Rugby activity & all.

Rugby may not a big sport in Brazil, but Argentina is pretty good Rugby nation.

I saw, I came, I left.

1900 the Olympics were barely getting off the ground back then, that is ancient history. Let me rephase I am shocked it has not been in the Olympics in the last 100 year, could you imagine if it was there in 1996? They could have held the Olympics at Augusta.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How will golf work, have they explained that yet? Will it be a team mdeal, or an individual medal?

Mike Weir 2016 :flagcanada:

Why not both

One week have an individual women's and men's competition then do teams.

And it will be great if its match play

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I find it darkly symbolic that some shantytown is going to be demolished for a world class golf course.

Methinks the World Bank/IMF/G8 protesters need to relocate to Rio for the next 7 years.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived