Cocept Yankees Uni

1990hornet

Before I say anything else: I'm fine with people changing things up with the Yankees. No jersey is untouchable when it comes to a concept, and anyone who says otherwise is completely missing the point.

You have a solid (but not exactly original or unique) idea here, but you would certainly need to bolden the wordmark for this to work. As it is now, it gets lost in the pinstripes a little.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Before I say anything else: I'm fine with people changing things up with the Yankees. No jersey is untouchable when it comes to a concept, and anyone who says otherwise is completely missing the point.

You have a solid (but not exactly original or unique) idea here, but you would certainly need to bolden the wordmark for this to work. As it is now, it gets lost in the pinstripes a little.

True. I'm not exactly the best graphic artist though, I did this with Windows Paint and a image resizer.

True. I'm not exactly the best graphic artist though, I did this with Windows Paint and a image resizer.

Hornet, you just joined and don't know this yet, but when someone critiques your concept...never say you used paint. Guys around these parts frown upon that.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hornet, you just joined and don't know this yet, but when someone critiques your concept...never say you used paint. Guys around these parts frown upon that.

Thinks for the heads up :)

I don't think it matters what he used to make it, as long as it looks good and gets the point across. His concept looks clean and well done, good job.

The only issue I have with this is that the "Yankees" is way too thin. As far as what program you used, it doesn't matter, it looks clean and professional. Don't let anyone tell you what program to use, because that's pure b.s. and this is coming from a graphic designer. In the end if you don't tell them, then they won't know and really, they don't need to know. If a person is going to slam you because of the use of the program, they are just snobs who don't know anything and probably have no talent. Do the job and do it well, and that's really all I want and want to see. I would rather see a good, clean job like yours done in paint, then a crappy job done in illustrator or photoshop.

The only issue I have with this is that the "Yankees" is way too thin.

I don't know how to make it thicker.

As far as what program you used, it doesn't matter, it looks clean and professional. Don't let anyone tell you what program to use, because that's pure b.s. and this is coming from a graphic designer. In the end if you don't tell them, then they won't know and really, they don't need to know. If a person is going to slam you because of the use of the program, they are just snobs who don't know anything and probably have no talent. Do the job and do it well, and that's really all I want and want to see. I would rather see a good, clean job like yours done in paint, then a crappy job done in illustrator or photoshop.

true :)

You used paint? Wow, did you do a good job on that! I could never get it that good looking on Paint! That is why I use Photoshop. :) But anyways, that is a nice simple jersey that actually could be realistic. Nice work!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

You used paint? Wow, did you do a good job on that! I could never get it that good looking on Paint! That is why I use Photoshop. :) But anyways, that is a nice simple jersey that actually could be realistic. Nice work!

You get a lot of practice when you're too poor to buy a good image creator/editor. ;) Thanks :D

I don't think it matters what he used to make it, as long as it looks good and gets the point across. His concept looks clean and well done, good job.

It doesn't, but guys get pissy when "I used paint" is used as a response to a critique. It is a good concept, though.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The only way I can think of to thicken it up using Paint is to draw it by hand. It will take ages, but it does work. Barely. I'm a Paint user, and I'm done that on occasion to clean up logos and make minor changes to them.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The only way I can think of to thicken it up using Paint is to draw it by hand. It will take ages, but it does work. Barely. I'm a Paint user, and I'm done that on occasion to clean up logos and make minor changes to them.

This is true, but I don't have a steady hand :S

As long as your just making uniform concepts, paint it fine.

Practice makes perfect.

I've used paint for all my concepts, and I don't think they're too bad.

While using Photoshop, Inkscape, or Illustrator is nice, it's not always necessary.

Now if you're making logos [which I still have yet to do] it's a whole 'nother story.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This is true, but I don't have a steady hand :S

Paint.net my friend. Great program. I highly recommend it if you want a step up from Paint without having to purchase or learn a new program.

Actually, I think that the home uniforms they have now is fine as is.

I think your concept would work better as a road uniform, personally. One thing that irks me about the Yankees' current road uniforms in that in addition to lacking pinstripes, it also uses "NEW YORK" in a block typeface that isn't seen anywhere else. I've always felt that "NEW YORK" should be rendered in the flowing script they already have, or be replaced by "Yankees" in the flowing script you've demonstrated.

Also, the Yankees not putting the player's names on the back of their jerseys is a practice that I think they should keep going. Names on jerseys weren't really a popular thing to do until about the 1960s, and the Yankees have remained very tradition by never adopting the trend.

Archived