Sharks alternate jersey concept

IronChefShark

I personally have no real problem with the current Sharks third jersey, however my fellow Sharks fan who also swims the waters here begs to differ  :D .

so here is my crack at a San Jose Sharks alternate jersey concept, with features that somewhat pay a tribute to the original bay area NHL franchise, the California Golden Seals.

COPY AND PASTE THE SHORTCUT!!

San Jose Sharks alternate jersey proposal

It's not terrible, but why replace the best third in the league?

He's not, he's replacing the crappy Sharks' third. :;):

It's kinda cool, but it screams "California/Oakland (Golden) Seals" a bit. *heh*

Nice design work.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's not terrible, but why replace the best third in the league?

No comment.  It's just TOO plain.  It needs just a bit more STL and it would work.  However, it seems that since Darryl Sutter got fired, and lack of success on the ice with them, the Sharks haven't wore them.  They might fade into the dark after this season.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

a few things...

bosox, thats one of the things I was going for, a happy median between "not too busy" and "not too plain"

mockba, you say it screams California Golden Seals? Well thats the idea! I wanted a design that is without a doubt a sharks jersey, but pays tribute to bay area hockey herritage

well, as long as puckguy likes it, thats all that counts!  :;):

mockba, you say it screams California Golden Seals? Well thats the idea! I wanted a design that is without a doubt a sharks jersey, but pays tribute to bay area hockey herritage

I suppose if I learned to read and had noticed that on your original message, I wouldn't have had to re-point out the obvious.  :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

SHB -- I really like this jersey!  Considering that, a: I am strongly against black alternate jerseys, and b: I hate the current Sharks third, this works for me.  The only thing I would consider doing is swapping the logos -- put the fin on the front and the shark on the shoulders.  But even if you leave it as is, it's still really sharp.

The Golden Seals tribute shoulder stripes are great!  For whatever reason, I've really gotten a fondness for those aqua and yellow Seals jerseys and those funky shoulder stripes they had.

Good job!  :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I thought the original Seals uniforms were the best.  The crest was a perfect example of late 60's-early 70's postmodern logo art and the uniform colors and striping scheme were very, very sharp.  I thought that the latter-day, roller-derby inspired uniforms would have been better had they kept the original crest and not gone with the generic "Seals" on the chest.  I understand why Charlie O wanted to change the colors, but I never understood the need to replace a perfectly good logo with boring print.

OK, now to address the uniform at hand . . . I like it.  I don't know that you have to bend the roller derby stripes into a wave but I can live with it.  It's a clean design and the Shark crest is still the best logo the NHL has rolled out in the last 12 years.  Matter of fact, IMHO I think the original Shark uniforms should have never been tinkered with.  They were instant classics and I'm glad I have one in my collection.

ok, I fixed the shoulder striping so it doesnt look wavy anymore.

Frylock - as a Sharks fan I love the fin logo, but I feel it doesnt work well as a crest. Its an ideal alternate logo, but would look wierd on the center of a jersey.

yhollander - yeah those uniforms were great, but the current ones are better. In fact, there are a lot of fans around here who would like to see the original unis return, but with the current dark teal rather then the lighter teal that was used originally.

Archived