Vancouver Canucks Jersey Concept

logo-maker

Vancouver Canucks

The new jerseys for the Nucks arn't that bad, but the logo/wordmark and the number font just kills the overall look for me. I decided to go in a different direction with this concept. Using Johnny Canuck (sp?), the darker pacific blue from their logos with the green they use now, I tried to make a unique identity that would have both old and new styles.

Home

NHLEdgeCAR2-VancouverHomeTemp.png

Away

NHLEdgeCAR2-VancouverAwayTemp.png

C & C Appreciated.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

my opinions:

i see it as an improvement over what vancouver currently wears... but i'd suggest two tweaks.

1) the royal blue of the current uniforms is exponentially nicer than navy blue. especially when paired with green.

2) i'm not a fan of how the home jersey has simple single outlined stripes, while the road jersey has double outlined stripes.

on a similar note, even though one jersey has single outlined stripes, both uniforms have double outlined numbers. i think the single outlines look cleaner all the way around in this case. on both your stripes and your numbers...

my opinions:

i see it as an improvement over what vancouver currently wears... but i'd suggest two tweaks.

1) the royal blue of the current uniforms is exponentially nicer than navy blue. especially when paired with green.

2) i'm not a fan of how the home jersey has simple single outlined stripes, while the road jersey has double outlined stripes.

on a similar note, even though one jersey has single outlined stripes, both uniforms have double outlined numbers. i think the single outlines look cleaner all the way around in this case. on both your stripes and your numbers...

I see what you mean. I will probably post a update after more comments come about.

Credit letterform for the logo at least. (post #11)

Not sure about the arm striping, I would consider it a downgrade. The colors and logos look nice though. I like the use of navy, perhaps a royal blue alternate? Not too bad of a start here. I agree with ColeJ about the striping difference. A few tweaks and this could look great.

Credit letterform for the logo at least. (post #11)

Not sure about the arm striping, I would consider it a downgrade. The colors and logos look nice though. I like the use of navy, perhaps a royal blue alternate? Not too bad of a start here. I agree with ColeJ about the striping difference. A few tweaks and this could look great.

I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due. I think for the update, I will switch up the arm stripes and maybe change the blue (probably put up both tomorrow).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

UPDATE!

I changed the blue to the lighter shade the Canucks use now, and made the ends of the jersey sleeves on the away blue. I also edited the numbers to a single outline.

Home:

NHLEdgeCAR2-VancouverHomeTempRecolo.png

Away:

NHLEdgeCAR2-VancouverAwayTempRecolo.png

Comments?

Great job! I would change just one thing: White trim around the crest on the blue jersey, same thickness as the green trim. Canucks ownership needs to see your design. IMHO, I like it a lot! It's also nice to see a more traditional number font. I think the Canucks current name/number fonts are junk. If The Canucks wore YOUR design, I would buy a jersey for myself, #1 Luongo.

Archived