Buffalo Sabres concept

Top Shelf

Not really sure what you are trying to do here. Logos are incredibly pixelated and messy. The striping on the home and alt does not make any sense. I could see why you would want to switch the order of the stripes as a reference to the winter classic jerseys. But they dont switch correctly, I just dont see what you were thinking. Also you need to add numbers to complete this concept, and probably some shoulder logos. Right now it is messy and incomplete.

Wow, those home and away jerseys are nothing I have seen before...absolutely new and refreshing.

Oh wait...

pat_lafontaine.jpg

just say what you think, don't be a jackass about it.

He really has the right to be a jackass in this situation. I have been fighting for the right to be an ass sometimes, in the right scenario. Here is a concept that obviously took someone less than 5 minutes, and absolutely no thought was put into it. Why should we give this person good C&C, when writing the C&C takes more time than the 'concept'.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Alternate:

52dp2o.png

dear god what the hell is that? :blink:

oh god my General Tso's chicken i had is comming back up..

excuse while i have to :puke:

The bottle cap logo is a nod to the Buffalo Bisons AHL team, which preceded the Sabres. The owners of that team also owned the local Pepsi bottling plant.

2s7i3gp.png

Well, overall, it's a tad sloppy. My biggest grip might be the logos. Looks like you just put them on the jersey, and coloured it. The edges are choppy with white around them, and that's easily fixable by just taking a couple minutes with the pencil or paintbrush tool and getting rid of them. Or, just simply put a white line around the logos with the circle tool.

The different coloured striping works on the white jersey, but definitely not the dark one. The arm stripes just look out of place on the jersey. I also don't think the shoulder piping is necessary on the dark jersey, as well.

As for the third, it's not a bad idea, but it was just executed wrong. First, is the bottom of the back of the jersey. It's blue, but the bottom of the front isn't? Where would that start on the jersey? On the side? Not sure if I'm a fan of the extra skinny blue lines that surround the arm striping. Also, seems like you got a little careless and forgot to colour in the RBK logo on the back of the yellow jersey - the inside is still blue. It's little details like that, that can really mess up a concept. The white dots around the logo on the alternate, also fall into that category.

However, I like the idea of using the Pepsi-style cap as a logo, as a nod to the past. I would like to see a modernized version, though, perhaps using the Sabres current wordmark and graphics.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As mush hate as I hear about this so called 'buffalo slug'. the more i talk with the average sabres fan (non logo person) the praise i hear of the new logo. honestly. the average person seems to like to like the so called slug and logos are meant to please the average person. i myself have no ill feelings towards the logo. although i liked the buffalo head they had previously a lot also

As mush hate as I hear about this so called 'buffalo slug'. the more i talk with the average sabres fan (non logo person) the praise i hear of the new logo. honestly. the average person seems to like to like the so called slug and logos are meant to please the average person. i myself have no ill feelings towards the logo. although i liked the buffalo head they had previously a lot also

I agree. I personally don't dislike the "Buffaslug" at all. It fact, it seems to have "motion" and looks "streamlined," which I think is a good graphical representation of the game of hockey.

It's not the greatest logo ever, for sure, but it's also not the worst. Not by a long shot.

Archived