Hamilton Lions

IceCap

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm debating between two jersey sets, and I wanted to see which one you guys preferred. Credit for the awesome logo goes to davidson. Thanks again!

Set 1. This one was partially inspired by the set the Penguins switched to right after their back to back cups. I always liked the idea of diangle Rangers-esque script on the road uniform. It also gave me a way to utilize the alternate H logo in a new way.

HamiltonLionsuniform.png

Set 2. A more standardized look. The road sweater in the first set, while neat in a way, just seemed a little to bland, so I came up with a version that featured the primary logo on the chest.

HamiltonLionsuniform2.png

Interesting to see that you used the sleeve numbers on the shoulders of a hockey jersey (football style). I have never seen this before. Also, I think the white jersey in the first set would look better if the diagonal H in hamilton was just an H and did not have lions written across the center. It would look cleaner and I think would gain more votes because of this.

Interesting to see that you used the sleeve numbers on the shoulders of a hockey jersey (football style). I have never seen this before.

The idea's always interested me, and I thought it would be a great way to make an otherwise traditional hockey sweater stand out.

Also, I think the white jersey in the first set would look better if the diagonal H in hamilton was just an H and did not have lions written across the center. It would look cleaner and I think would gain more votes because of this.

I get where you're coming from, but the whole idea behind the HAMILTON script was to use the Hamilton H in a way it had never been used before. It's just a recolour of the old Hamilton Tigers H. So changing the H itself would go against the purpose of having the HAMILTON script in the first place. I suppose I could try and see how it would look without the "LIONS" script though.

The logo's nice, but no team in the NHL is going to wear a jersey with a blue leaf on it, especially if they're in Ontario. Also, it seems a very disconnected set of elements: the logo's mainly blue and gold, but the jerseys are very red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The logo's nice, but no team in the NHL is going to wear a jersey with a blue leaf on it, especially if they're in Ontario.

It's for a fantasy team. Not intended as a NHL concept.

Also, it seems a very disconnected set of elements: the logo's mainly blue and gold, but the jerseys are very red.

I thought about working the gold into the jerseys, but I couldn't find a way to make it work to my liking. Ultimately I decided the colour scheme for the jerseys work, as I wanted to give the team a very "Loyalist" based identity.

The logo itself contained enough red and blue, in my opinion, to tie it in with the jerseys. The gold in the logo works in a way sort of like how yellow works in the Arizona Cardinals logo, or the yellow, green and tan works in the Chicago Blackhawks mark.

I think there is a disconnect between the logo and the jersey design. I realize this may have to do with the differences of the designers, but, at the same time, I think there should be more consistency. Try some swooping lines/curves on the jersey to match the character of the logo. I also think the a primarily red jersey with white and blue might look too much like the Habs for a team based in Ontario. I think blue might be the better primary color in this case. I would also incorporate more gold into the jersey.

The Lion looks A LOT like Davidsons logo for the Monarchs....

I'm debating between two jersey sets, and I wanted to see which one you guys preferred. Credit for the awesome logo goes to davidson. Thanks again!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I really like the 3rd set. The edition of the gold stripes to the jersey makes the logo fit better. I do like the white jersey with Hamilton wordmark on it in the first set a lot though, so maybe try making an alternate jersey that resembles that and maybe make it blue. Great work.

I think there is a disconnect between the logo and the jersey design. I realize this may have to do with the differences of the designers, but, at the same time, I think there should be more consistency. Try some swooping lines/curves on the jersey to match the character of the logo.

Hmmm....that's interesting. I might have to see what I can come up with. Thanks!

I also think the a primarily red jersey with white and blue might look too much like the Habs for a team based in Ontario. I think blue might be the better primary color in this case. I would also incorporate more gold into the jersey.

Again, this isn't a NHL concept. It's for a fantasy team. So the blue leaf being to "Maple Leafs like" or the colour arrangements being to "Habs like" really don't apply. I appreciate and understand where you guys are coming from with these criticisms, but really, they don't apply. The uniforms are for a fantasy team in a fantasy sports world where the Leafs and Habs are non-entities. Also, I wanted the team to have a very "Loyalist" look, and red as the primary accomplishes that. In fact a blue sweater would do the very opposite of what I was going for (see the uniform colours of the two sides of the War of 1812).

I could look into adding more gold, but gold's tricky. Maybe it's just my personal tastes at work, but gold isn't something that usually works in large quantities on a uniform (and I'm referring to gold-gold here, not the yellow-gold most teams use). Just my opinion, but gold's something that works best as an accent.

The Lion looks A LOT like Davidsons logo for the Monarchs....

Jigga took care of this.

I put in a request for a lion primary, and davidson kindly allowed me to use his Monarchs logo. In fact I ran the first two sets by him, asking him if he approved, as I didn't want to present something that included his work if he felt they were sub-par.

Though set 1 looks good, I'm not a fan of the White jersey with Hamilton on it. The 2nd set is a lot better in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might try something with the second set, but use the striping pattern from the third set. At first I was excited about using "Colts style" striping on a hockey sweater (the third set), after thinking it over, I'm not sure I like how it works. Though maybe moving the striping closer to the shoulders would be better....

I really like the 3rd set. The edition of the gold stripes to the jersey makes the logo fit better. I do like the white jersey with Hamilton wordmark on it in the first set a lot though, so maybe try making an alternate jersey that resembles that and maybe make it blue. Great work.

Thanks for the kind words.

I really like the Hamilton script to, and I just might revisit the idea for a third. Again, a blue sweater is probably not something I want to do with this team, but maybe another red one that's different enough from the primary.

Archived