2010 NHL Draft Logo

jkrdevil

Interesting. It invokes the location but not the host team.

Since there's only one Los Angeles team, it's not that difficult to figure out which team's hosting the Draft.

Yeah, there should be a crown or something. The palm trees make you think of the Kings or Panthers or some other Sun Belt franchise.

Well, the Kings do play in Los Angeles...

Since there's only one Los Angeles team, it's not that difficult to figure out which team's hosting the Draft.

Take a look at the past NHL draft logos. In most of the modern ones (seven out of nine) the hosting team's identity is tied into the draft logo. Here, not the case. You have palm trees and a black, blue, and silver colour scheme. Yes, the script says Los Angeles, but the way the logo is designed evokes the Tampa Bay Lightning. Switching the blue to purple would easily fix that problem. As it is, well it's odd to say the least.

c37p7231q2f4kgbkda871e3nd.gif5312.gif5313.gif5314.gif9futuluyxlm4jpstllcfp72f5.gifoe1hktr5hxewhrn4g69h.gif2g9507b4rbdgr0hf3fs9jxqae.gif

Does the team host the draft or does the city?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Bingo.

It is clear to me at least that the league is trying to standardize all of its event logos and bring them in line with each other. The colors black, silver, blue is what they have used for the playoffs and other logos in recent times. That is continuing that theme.

It is clear to me at least that the league is trying to standardize all of its event logos and bring them in line with each other. The colors black, silver, blue is what they have used for the playoffs and other logos in recent times. That is continuing that theme.

The NHL's standardized logos since the lockout have been awwwwwwwwwful. It's that lettering they use. It's so bush-league. At least the NFL's house font looks professional.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The NHL's standardized logos since the lockout have been awwwwwwwwwful. It's that lettering they use. It's so bush-league. At least the NFL's house font looks professional.

Exactly. Anyone remember the East and West mixup on the first two post-lockout Stanley Cup logos?

I'm humored by some of the quotes on the logo. Who is hosting the draft, the city or the team? Uh, I'm not sure how to respond to that. The Los Angeles Kings, who play in the Staples Center in the city of Los Angeles, what more do you need to know? I realize people outside of Los Angeles would miss this, but to me it's a great logo because of a couple small inclusions that say Los Angeles. The spotlights that invoke a Hollywood gala event and the inclusion of the Hollywood Bowl on the bottom are great attention to detail. Yes, that small silver half circle is not the moon or the sun, it's the Hollywood Bowl. Brilliant attention to detail.

I'm humored by some of the quotes on the logo. Who is hosting the draft, the city or the team? Uh, I'm not sure how to respond to that. The Los Angeles Kings, who play in the Staples Center in the city of Los Angeles, what more do you need to know?

My question was quite valid.

Do the Los Angeles Kings host the 2010 NHL Draft or does the City of Los Angeles? Is it a team-hosted event or city-hosted? This logo suggests the draft is hosted by a city rather than a team.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I'm humored by some of the quotes on the logo. Who is hosting the draft, the city or the team? Uh, I'm not sure how to respond to that. The Los Angeles Kings, who play in the Staples Center in the city of Los Angeles, what more do you need to know?

My question was quite valid.

Do the Los Angeles Kings host the 2010 NHL Draft or does the City of Los Angeles? Is it a team-hosted event or city-hosted? This logo suggests the draft is hosted by a city rather than a team.

Which is weird, because most recent draft logos do feature parts of the home team's identity. So if it's just the city that hosts it, then it makes the last seven out of nine logos seem, well, odd. If it's the team that hosts it, well the current logo falls short, as it looks more like the Tampa Bay Lightning are hosting the draft then then Los Angeles King.

The logo itself is nice enough, I just think that switching out the blue for purple would do wonders.

Does it matter?

I could understand if this were the NBA or MLB where the Lakers or Dodgers are well known worldwide and play in leagues that don't necessarily need extra PR. The NHL is struggling to find relevance in America and could use every bit or PR, as could each of their teams. Ask the average sports fan to name two players on the Lakers and or Dodgers and chances are they could probably do so. Do the same regarding the Kings and you may get some blank stares.

I think in the end they don't need to incorporate the local team in the logo, but it would have been good for the team...thats all I'm saying.

Archived