NASL logos for sportlogo.net

MaximGan

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, my. Viva la fringe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Colorado Caribous 1978

Colorado-Caribous2.gif

Colorado-Caribous1978Kits.gif

Beautifully rendered, Maxim! WELL DONE! :winner:

The first time I ever saw these uniforms (from a photo in a book), I couldn't believe my eyes. For anyone who wasn't there, fringes were a significant part of the female and male fashion scene from the mid-1960s to throughout the '70s, mimicking the dress of Native American Indians and, also, 19th century Western attire that copied it. As tacky (and nostalgic) as it looks today, the Caribous were the perfect team to field this look, as the state of Colorado played a notable role in the settlement of the Wild West. Also, the uniforms reflected Colorado's rugged natural beauty, not to mention echoing the state's admission into the Union in 1876, which was during the nation's Centennial anniversary. Too bad the team lasted for only one lousy season! :lol:

You've done extremely well, Maxim, and we look forward to your next entry!

--Larry

New-York-Cosmos1975-76Kits.gif

This is just a heads up, but on the white unis, they used the alt crest (green/black/white), which seems to be rotated some and the sock stripes were yellow-green-yellow

81373903.jpg

Pic is from June 15, 1975

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

San Diego Sockers 1978-84

SC Logo

San-Diego-Sockers.gif

Mascot Logo

San-Diego-SockersMascot-1.gif

Script

San-Diego-SockersScript-1.gif

The bastard child of Al Gore and Schoolhouse rock, lol.

Commissioner of the Northern Lights Hockey Association (NLHA), Founded 1981 with Albert M. Tischler. Owner Minnesota Griffins 6 time AURORA BOREALIS CUP winners. Defending Champion 2011 is Houston Roughnecks.

Season 1974 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1974Kits.gif

Indoor Season 1975 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1975IndoorKits.gif

ALT 1975 Home Kit

San-Jose-Earthquakes1975IndoorALTKi.gif

Season 1976 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1976Kits.gif

Season 1977 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1977Kits.gif

Season 1978 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1978Kits.gif

Season 1979 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1979Kits.gif

Season 1980 Kits

San-Jose-Earthquakes1980Kits-1.gif

Season 1981-84 Kits (during this period were minor changes: change the place of the manufacturer's logo on the socks were removed three bands 1984)

San-Jose-Earthquakes1981-84Kits.gif

So apparently the Quakes' identity was a hot mess, basically.

And Washington had a set with a silver top, blue top...but no white? So much for clash.

Oh, and all I can say is freakin Caribou!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived