Helmet Graphics - 3-Quarter View / Left Side (metallic):

BaltimoreRavens_H3QLSa_2002-9999.png

Helmet Graphics - 3-Quarter View / Left Side (flat):

BaltimoreRavens_H3QLSb_2002-9999.png

Helmet Graphics - 3-Quarter View / Right Side (metallic):

BaltimoreRavens_H3QRSa_2002-9999.png

Helmet Graphics - 3-Quarter View / Right Side (flat):

BaltimoreRavens_H3QRSb_2002-9999.png

Didn't they started using these in 1999 and not 02?

Actually, you're correct. However, the Black (!) and the Metallic Gold (and flat alternate) were both changed between the 2001 and 2002 seasons, so I am counting these graphics as being from 2002.

I'll try to make that distinction clearer in the future.

After posting these, I decided it might be better to post all of these in my blog, rather than clutter up this forum. If you're interested in seeing more, go to my blog at http://colorwerx.blogspot.com/.

I have already posted the Buffalo Bills' graphics there, including the unused Bills' secondary logo that was scrapped before the 2002 season.

Same rules apply for Chris's site - anything posted on my blog can also be used on his site, if he wants.

The Ravens logo on the left side of the helmet makes it pretty clear this was a poorly planned logo. Why didn't the take into account how it would look when reversed... you'd either have a backwords B or a B that not longer fits into the alloted space.

I think the ravens should either remove the logo on the left side of the helmet (ala the steelers) or even put a different logo on the left side (something simple like the standalone "B" secondary. .. is that legal?)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

After posting these, I decided it might be better to post all of these in my blog, rather than clutter up this forum. If you're interested in seeing more, go to my blog at http://colorwerx.blogspot.com/.

I have already posted the Buffalo Bills' graphics there, including the unused Bills' secondary logo that was scrapped before the 2002 season.

Same rules apply for Chris's site - anything posted on my blog can also be used on his site, if he wants.

Thanks for posting all these ColorWerx! :notworthy:

Why not just use the Calvert shield on both sides instead of a mildly irritated cartoon bird?

That would make to much sense. Shield on the helmets, full body raven on the sleeves. Done and done.

My guess is that they want to stay as far away from the idea of any shield on the helmet even though the one currently on the sleeves is pretty far removed from the flying shield.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The shield is a little bit better than OK, but the whole rest of the package is pretty bad. They really need to start over IMO. They could do so much with their colors and nickname, but they do so little.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived