Baltimore Ravens

TalktoChuck

For this Baltimore Ravens concept I didn't try to do to much, as I think their current set is really good. The only real changes were that I tried out a new set of pant stripes (Ones that match the helmet stripe). I also changed the number font. Here is what the Ravens currently wear Home, Black Alternate, Away, Away 2

So here is my concept.

Primary Homes

RavensPurple.gif

Away Sets

RavensWhite.gif

Alternate Black Sets

RavensBlack.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

The numbers really don't go with anything here - the stripes are tapred and end in a point, the helmet logo is kind of curvy and pointy, the B is pretty rounded, etc. The old numbers aren't perfect, but go better with this set than the your new ones do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Ravens fan, I'm going to be upfront. I've never cared much for the Ravens current uniform. I've always been a fan of the uniforms they had in 1996. They had darker, more pale purple jerseys, black pants with a single white bar down the leg, and insanely ferocious, yet regal numbers. The current uniforms always seemed bland and uninspired to me.

I will say, though, these are definitely an upgrade from what they have. I like the numbers, however they don't seem "Ravens" to me. What the Ravens have now is fine. It's the closest thing they kept that's similar to their old uniforms. Your pants stripe is unique, however I think the Ravens should have a more classy look. I'd recommend possibly a triple stripe pattern down the leg. Maybe with gold and black on white, and white and purple on black. Or you could use what they originally had which was the white bar.

12lvhou.jpg

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Here lies the problem with the Ravens' uniforms; the black and purple are too close of a shade. I can't tell if you've outlined your numbers on the black jersey in purple or if they have no outline. I feel the Pistons' font doesn't work here and that maybe you should consider outlining numbers in gold on the black jersey. I also think you should get rid of the B on the pants and have the tapered stripes go all the way up the pants. Also, because of that suggestion, I feel you should have the stripes on the helmet go all the way down to maintain consistency.

Oh, and those 1996 Ravens pants were good. There was a thread a while back where some people said they hated those 1996 pants, but they aren't bad. They are essentially the same pants as the Steelers, just with different colors. So for anyone who likes the Steelers' pants, but not the Ravens' 1996 pants, go away (unless of course when you say you don't like them, you are referring to the color).

I have a quick question: did you use photoshop to make that uniform mod? If so, how did you get the colors on the uniforms while still keeping the shadows and details in the uniform? did you use opacity?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'll tell you straight up right now: I don't care for the numbers. Everything else though is great. I love the pant stripes, especially the purple-stripes-on-black-pants one, as it matches the helmet so well (one of my favorite helmets I might add).

The numbers really don't go with anything here - the stripes are tapred and end in a point, the helmet logo is kind of curvy and pointy, the B is pretty rounded, etc. The old numbers aren't perfect, but go better with this set than the your new ones do.

Ok, I'll work on an update soon, with the number font being the first change on the agenda.

I have a quick question: did you use photoshop to make that uniform mod? If so, how did you get the colors on the uniforms while still keeping the shadows and details in the uniform? did you use opacity?

I actually used Illustrator. This template belongs to Brave-Bird I believe.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The update will be coming soon.

jNTsTyQ.png

I agree with a previous poster that black and purple are really close to each other, and 9x out of 10 I'd say that's an issue, but I think that it's OK within the context of the Ravens' identity.

Maybe consider some thin gold piping around the stripes on the helmet and pants, just to make them stand out more, but other than that, I like the black-purple-black look for the Ravens. I don't see any need for them to even have white pants. NOt a fan of the leotard look though, but the pants stripes kind of help out with that. Maybe white socks with a stripe, or purple socks would work too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the pants but I feel the black and purple should never be next to each other. Even on the helmet they should be seperated with gold piping. Also there is no need for the silly captain C patch as the Ravens have NEVER worn them. I am not a fan of the number font either, but I would like to see what it would look like with a drop shadow. The original number font while unique was almost impossible to read from the press box that was the reason for change. On the white pants the "B" looks kinda washed out. Also the socks should have stripes of some type. Also the collar should be a contrasting color as well.

On a side note does anyone else feel that the evolution of the football uniform will make the undershirt mandatory and include designs on them as well.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Here is an update. I went with a new number font that I think better suits the uniform. Also I made the collar the same color as the sleeves. And I made up some white socks to go with the black pants. Any better?

Home Set

RavensHome.gif

Away Set

RavensAway.gif

Alternates

RavensAlternate.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

those new socks are mint. I say make the black socks in the same design as the white ones. I really liked how you carried the helmet stripes to the pants. I don't really like when teams don't carry the same type of stripes to the various parts of the uniform.

I could really see Baltimore using these uniforms in the future.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update. I went with a new number font that I think better suits the uniform. Also I made the collar the same color as the sleeves. And I made up some white socks to go with the black pants. Any better?

Home Set

RavensHome.gif

Away Set

RavensAway.gif

Alternates

RavensAlternate.gif

Bravo man love it

Archived