my concept logo has been snagged!

Brave-Bird 08

So I thought this was cool. Earlier this year I did a logo redesign for the Bills.

Here is the raw copy of it from photobucket.

logo2.png

and here is how it made it to Sacramento Cali!

Norcal7.jpg

I guess I cant be mad...I actually think its cool my random logo redo has been put to use...but I wonder how many people have used it... <_<

Anyone else had this happen to them in anyway?

Ethics and everything aside, I really like it in the colors that they used.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brave-Bird,

Hey man I just messaged you on Operation Sports. But Im the one that used your logo for my Northern Cal Buffaloes TeamBuilder team. Way before I even joined this forum I was surfing around looking at everyones work. I had been looking for a cool Buffaloes logo to use for my TB team and came across this.... I changed the colors to fit with my team I was making and sized it to look bigger on the helmet.

After doing that I came back to this site to show the creator what I did and to ask permission to use it. I could never find the thread again and couldnt find out who did it. I have since joined the forum and not knowing you were the creator have been following your work.

I really hope your not mad that I used it. I couldnt resist. I love this logo. I have never taken credit for the logo when asked about it. Im glad that I now have a name of the person I got it from. Again I really hope that youre not mad and now that I know you made it I will send all of the credit your way.

oregonsig.png

Yeah man I was saying the same thing once I saw your name on OS. I was like that looks really familiar. HAHA. Well Im glad youre not mad. I had no intention of taking credit. The team was set to private while it had that logo so no one could see it. But like I said I stopped using the logo because I didnt want the original creator (now I know that was you lol) to get upset I used it. But Im glad youre not mad.

oregonsig.png

Yeah man I was saying the same thing once I saw your name on OS. I was like that looks really familiar. HAHA. Well Im glad youre not mad. I had no intention of taking credit. The team was set to private while it had that logo so no one could see it. But like I said I stopped using the logo because I didnt want the original creator (now I know that was you lol) to get upset I used it. But Im glad youre not mad.

Question tho...how did you get it so big on the helmet?? I guess when you recolored it and saved it something about the format changed??

I tried to use it on a teambuilder team...but it showed up really small on the helmet...because the logo is so wide that it has to be minimized to fit into the dumb logo box on teambuilder.

The original logo is 541x345. Instead of keeping it to proportion and making it 256x163 I just made it 256 all the way around. By doing so it made the buffalo appear bigger on the helmet.

The problem I had with the logo is that I could only make the buffalo silver... I tried making it navy blue for a secondary white helmet but when I did this the buffalo turned a dark gray instead of navy. I use Gimp, not sure what you use, so that may be the problem.

oregonsig.png

this has kinda happened to me.

i was flipping through a tattoo magazine, and saw an ad for this tattoo furniture distributer.

this was what the logo they used looked like: Picture1.png

It immediatley reminded me of a football concept i had done a few years back: sandiegosoulcopy.png

The actual article i saw looked more similar to my design, it had almost the exact same flowy lines, just inverted. kind of funny. i know that the font is pretty common, so i cant say that its an exact rip off, but what are the odds they use that font for the word "soul", and the flowy lines?

Tatsoul is under suspicion.

Picture21.png

i was flipping through a tattoo magazine, and saw an ad for this tattoo furniture distributer.

It immediatley reminded me of a football concept i had done a few years back: sandiegosoulcopy.png

The actual article i saw looked more similar to my design, it had almost the exact same flowy lines, just inverted. kind of funny. i know that the font is pretty common, so i cant say that its an exact rip off, but what are the odds they use that font for the word "soul", and the flowy lines?

oh, they totally took it from you! wow, the resemblance there is amazing.

The original logo is 541x345. Instead of keeping it to proportion and making it 256x163 I just made it 256 all the way around. By doing so it made the buffalo appear bigger on the helmet.

The problem I had with the logo is that I could only make the buffalo silver... I tried making it navy blue for a secondary white helmet but when I did this the buffalo turned a dark gray instead of navy. I use Gimp, not sure what you use, so that may be the problem.

hmm. i couldnt tell from ur pics that the specs got changed..cool ill try doing that.

This happened to me. I was checking the TeamBuilder and just typed in some of the names I used for my fantasy teams here and sure enough, there's now a Rome University Legion (with almost identical uni's) and a Detroit Tech Dragons (ripped from my WAFA Las Vegas Dragons Concept).

I know this individual is/was a member on this board. He's also swiped logos from other concepts/fantasy teams.

In case anyone is wondering, the handle for the NCAA Teambuilder in question is:

romeolimagolf

This happened to me. I was checking the TeamBuilder and just typed in some of the names I used for my fantasy teams here and sure enough, there's now a Rome University Legion (with almost identical uni's) and a Detroit Tech Dragons (ripped from my WAFA Las Vegas Dragons Concept).

I know this individual is/was a member on this board. He's also swiped logos from other concepts/fantasy teams.

In case anyone is wondering, the handle for the NCAA Teambuilder in question is:

romeolimagolf

Wow, there's a bunch of logos ripped from here. Besides the ones you mentioned, I recognized 2 of davidson's, a former EFL team, and even a logo that I traced for someone.

Other than that I've never seen any of my work ganked before.. Wonder what that says about my design skills? ^_^

TDZiMMB.png

oh, they totally took it from you! wow, the resemblance there is amazing.

I can say for sure that they didnt copy anyone. Ive noticed that font is pretty popular, and a free download. An old buddy of mine had text tatooed on his forearms and it was in that same font. Its just a free font that people download cause they think its "cool". Nothing more.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Are you guys really angry about people using logos you created for Teambuilder? I mean, if that was my work, I'd be flattered. I love it when people use my covers for avatars or something and I come across it randomly. If you guys don't want your logos "ripped", stop making sweet logos.

Are you guys really angry about people using logos you created for Teambuilder? I mean, if that was my work, I'd be flattered. I love it when people use my covers for avatars or something and I come across it randomly. If you guys don't want your logos "ripped", stop making sweet logos.

Well it's one thing to see work that you made for people to use being used. I know I always loved sigs that I made being used, but logos are a whole different ballgame. Most of us have spent a lot of time and effort making the logos, and some of us make a living off of this kind of logo design, or aspire to make money off it. Although I don't make my living off my designs yet, I am building a portfolio, and it wouldn't look good to potential employers someday to see something in my portfolio all over the internet, as it would look like I stole it.

This kind of stuff is a really touch subject for many. On the one hand, yes I'd love to see my logo being used somewhere, but on the other I'd like to get some kind of compensation for my work.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived