CBS, FOX, and NBC broadcasting the NFL.

musicandball

I hate how either FOX or CBS get to broadcast a Super Bowls PLUS the Conference Championship Games. I know they do for more revenue, but it seems messed up for NBC. I think it should be either FOX always broadcasts the NFC Championship Game, CBS broadcasts the AFC Championship Game, with NBC getting the Super Bowl or which ever network gets to host the Super Bowl (In this case, CBS) shouldn't broadcast their Conference Championship game and give it NBC. I don't know about you guys, but this irritates me...partially because I think Al Michaels is the best play-by-play announcer in Pro Football and that I though he called a great Super Bowl last year.

I hate how either FOX or CBS get to broadcast a Super Bowls PLUS the Conference Championship Games. I know they do for more revenue, but it seems messed up for NBC. I think it should be either FOX always broadcasts the NFC Championship Game, CBS broadcasts the AFC Championship Game, with NBC getting the Super Bowl or which ever network gets to host the Super Bowl (In this case, CBS) shouldn't broadcast their Conference Championship game and give it NBC. I don't know about you guys, but this irritates me...partially because I think Al Michaels is the best play-by-play announcer in Pro Football and that I though he called a great Super Bowl last year.

First of all it's not like they just "get" the Super Bowl. There's billion dollar TV contracts that spells everything out. None of the networks were forced to pay for the NFL rights.

Also, it rotates...NBC-CBS-FOX-NBC-CBS-FOX etc...

Yes, Al Michaels is the best, but don't claim it's "unfair" to anyone. It's all agreed to WELL in advance, with billions of dollars involved.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Each network gets a chance to show the big game because of the rotation pre-determined by the NFL.

Here's an outlook of the next few barring any rights changes:

XLV - Fox

XLVI - NBC

XLVII - CBS

XLVIII - Fox

XLIX - NBC

L - CBS

LI - Fox

LII - NBC

If anything, somebody not named NFL Network should be showing the Thursday night games.

And nobody should feel sorry for NBC -- especially after screwing Conan. :mad:

You got that right!

And as a bonus to not having the Super Bowl on NBC, we don't have to hear from Keith Olbermann, either. People with political shows, in my opinion, should not be able to work on any nationally-televised sports broadcast like he does.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Each network gets a chance to show the big game because of the rotation pre-determined by the NFL.

Here's an outlook of the next few barring any rights changes:

XLV - Fox

XLVI - NBC

XLVII - CBS

XLVIII - Fox

XLIX - NBC

L - CBS

LI - Fox

LII - NBC

If anything, somebody not named NFL Network should be showing the Thursday night games.

Teehee, Super Bowl L. Or should I say Super bowll? :therock:

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

And as a bonus to not having the Super Bowl on NBC, we don't have to hear from Keith Olbermann, either. People with political shows, in my opinion, should not be able to work on any nationally-televised sports broadcast like he does.

When will the NFL learn to have a rule against TV partners hiring shock jocks?

Seems like the league did not learn from the criticism of ABC's hire of Dennis Miller, or ESPN's flirt with Rush.

In defense of Dennis Miller, he got the Monday Night gig before his descent into mindless political chattering, when he was merely one of the best comedians of the 1990s. And in defense of his abortive sportcasting career, consider that the beloved Deadspin universe of sportsblogging/commenting is basically a thousand Dennis Millers in a room together, whether they'd like to admit it or not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In defense of Dennis Miller, he got the Monday Night gig before his descent into mindless political chattering, when he was merely one of the best comedians of the 1990s. And in defense of his abortive sportcasting career, consider that the beloved Deadspin universe of sportsblogging/commenting is basically a thousand Dennis Millers in a room together, whether they'd like to admit it or not.

Looks like we have a candidate for post of the night.

In defense of Olbermann he was a sports broadcster before he was a political broadcaster! Actually he is pretty annoying! Maybe we could just ban him from all broadcasting?

And Al Michaels has made his political views well known, would he fall into a ban of this type?

I guess what I am saying is that they should ban stupid ass broadcasters who have nothing interesting to say rather than fixating on the political stuff. I'd much prefer to listen to Michaels talk about football than I would Rush or Miller or Olbermann.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

In defense of Olbermann he was a sports broadcster before he was a political broadcaster! Actually he is pretty annoying!

I'm no fan of Ben Affleck, but in my opinion, his best work EVER was this spoof of Keith Olbermann from Saturday Night Live. Hilarious and really nailed Olbermann's self-righteous, self-centered attitude.

It is what it is.

In defense of Olbermann he was a sports broadcster before he was a political broadcaster! Actually he is pretty annoying!

I'm no fan of Ben Affleck, but in my opinion, his best work EVER was this spoof of Keith Olbermann from Saturday Night Live. Hilarious and really nailed Olbermann's self-righteous, self-centered attitude.

Here is the most irronic thing in the :censored:ing world.

Ready for it

Its a bombshell

Its humongeous

Set your faces to stunned

Keith Olberman was my favorite Sportscenter host before he became a manical liberal on MSNBC.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ready for it

Its a bombshell

Its humongeous

Keith Olberman was my favorite Sportscenter host before he became a manical liberal on MSNBC.

So he isn't you're favourite Sportscaster anymore because of his politcal beliefs? :therock:

1zqy8ok.gif

Ready for it

Its a bombshell

Its humongeous

So he isn't you're favourite Sportscaster anymore because of his politcal beliefs? rock.gif

Imagine if he became the GM of the Mets

I'll step up for Tank here. Sports should be an escape from heavy political business (except stuff like Jackie Robinson, which is more right-vs-wrong than liberal-vs-conservative), and now that Olbermann's primary job is to be loud, mean, and divisive about politics, he really shouldn't be meddling in NBC's sports division. And conversely, doesn't it undermine the gravity of his big angry editorials when he can also be seen acting like a goof on Sunday nights trying to relive the gig he held 15 years ago?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'll step up for Tank here. Sports should be an escape from heavy political business (except stuff like Jackie Robinson, which is more right-vs-wrong than liberal-vs-conservative), and now that Olbermann's primary job is to be loud, mean, and divisive about politics, he really shouldn't be meddling in NBC's sports division. And conversely, doesn't it undermine the gravity of his big angry editorials when he can also be seen acting like a goof on Sunday nights trying to relive the gig he held 15 years ago?

Well I've never seen Olbermann do a sports telecast (or ever seen him do anything) so I have no clue what it's like, and won't comment on that. The way I understood Tank is that he liked him doing sports, then when he left and started talking politics, Tank didn't like him as a sportscaster anymore. If Olbermann has come back to sports and talks politics while doing a sports telecast then by all means it makes sense to not like him. I just didn't understand the situation.

They way I see it, is if you like Michael Jordan as a basketball player, it makes no sense to hate him because he played Baseball, unless that baseball playing changes him as a basketball player.

1zqy8ok.gif

The way I see it is that tNaK didn't know Keith Olbermann was a libruhl windbag. Then he found out, and he doesn't like the guy anymore. I honestly don't see anything wrong with that. I've stopped being friends with people when I've found out certain opinions that they've held. Big f'n deal, for real.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ok, here is a fun (well sort of) game to play. Who would you pick for a fantasy broadcast of the Superbowl. Here are my picks

All time

Studio presenter- Bob Costas

Studio Analysis- Terry Bradshaw, Rod Woodson, Hank Stram (mostly did radio, but always thought he was a good reader of the game!)

Play by play man- Pat Summerall

Game analyst- John Madden

Current

Studio team as above but with Jon Gruden stepping in for Stram

Play by Play- Al Michaels

Game Analyst- Phil Simms (though thats a tough call, maybe put Cowher in the studio for some coaching know how and add Gruden to the game team?)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its not that Olberman is a Liberal its that he is a lunatic liberal bomb thrower.

The NBC football set is too cluttered to notice him any way and he is no longer a Sportsecenter anchor so he can no longer be my favorite SC anchor. You know I was actually pissed when ESPN fired him.

If he was doing SC still and was not a bomb thrower I would not care what his views are. I assume half these guys are liberals any way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived