Sun Life Stadium

Juddley

this is what happens when you put the the pro bowl and super bowl in the same stadium, to make matters worse the pro bowl before the super bowl , hope you're happy goodell, the pro bowl should be hawaii where we don't care but a vacation

If the worst thing that comes out of the Pro Bowl during the bye week is the field is a little cut up for the Super Bowl I think the NFL will take it in a second. The interst and ratings were way up and the idk about you but the bye week is going a whole lot faster for me.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the reports, it just seems that the players are very disappointed with the Pro Bowl. I believe most of them just simply treat it like a free vacation, and "end" to the season of brutal past 6 months. Not having it in Hawaii, and a week before, has been IMO a big letdown, just look at the laundry list of people who backed out...

I still cant find a pic of the field completed. Ive seen the Colts end zone being painted. JKQ said he saw the Saints script in black so they will have gold end zone. But that photo seems to be locked up like Fort Knox

This one is courtesy of the Toronto Sun

dynamic_resize.jpg

iq5b7nF.png

Nice. The classic Super Bowl endzone is usually done in the team's secondary color (yellow for the Steelers, orange for the Bears, etc) unless that color is white or silver (like the Colts), in which case team primary color is more appropriate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nice. The classic Super Bowl endzone is usually done in the team's secondary color (yellow for the Steelers, orange for the Bears, etc) unless that color is white or silver (like the Colts), in which case team primary color is more appropriate.

True, but that was only because they endzones had to contrast with the helmet color. The Cowboys, Packers and Niners all had team color endzones because the helmets are the second color. I think gold is a poor choice for the Saints endzone because it looks like tan or khaki on the field.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

True, but that was only because they endzones had to contrast with the helmet color. The Cowboys, Packers and Niners all had team color endzones because the helmets are the second color. I think gold is a poor choice for the Saints endzone because it looks like tan or khaki on the field.

Yeah I have to agree on that. Gold Type on black would have looked great. The NFL has missed a trick here. Good to see large type though.

Bears Orange on Dark Blue end zones in XLI looked much better than those in XX. This was only possible because the NFL ditched the helmet endzones.

Worst of the helmet end zones has to be the Eagles in Superbowl XV. Green type on Light Grey. The Light Grey and the end zone line are barely discernable.

Do you think that the Saints not wearing black has influenced this a bit?

I actually would've preferred black for the Saints endzone, gold doesn't look too hot when contrasted with the green of the grass. Anyways, I think it's amazing how nicely the field comes together for the SuperBowl. Great work by the field crew.

I think the gold will show up nice under the lights. I read somewhere that the NFL is bringing in brighter ligghts for the HDTV telecast.

It could look better, but (if anyone knows about color) some hue of green is generally mixed with yellow and sometimes gray to make this goldish color. For example, if you try and recreate this color in, say Inkscape, you would have to use shades of green to get the correct color. Idk if it's just me, but I think for that reason it doensn't look good on grass.

Wasn't the Bears end zone in the navy?

Yep.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/4380825.jpg

He was referring to Superbowl XX. It was orange then because of the navy helmets. I think the Bears' endzone looked bleh in XLI. The wordmark needed a white outline. However, they coulnd't do the white outline becuase then it would look like the "c" logo was part of the wordmark.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Saints wordmark seems bigger than what i had thought it would be. Updated.

Super-Bowl-XLIV-field-2.png

That field looks great. Last time it was in Miami they had that little stripe that housed the conference logos. I thought that looked awful and I'm glad they just put them in the corner opposite the team logo. Still, I miss the helmets in the endzone. Growing up and watching Super Bowl highlight tapes, that was just part of the super bowl for me. I'd love to see them return.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived