XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Canada, you can have the Gold Medal this year.

We'll keep winning the Stanley Cup every year. :P

-The United States of America

Honestly, am I the only guy that is shocked that the USA even medaled?

I was expecting the Medalists to be Russia, Canada and Czech Republic this year.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Thats a fallacy, every team in the USA is made up primarily of Canadians. Dont make that stupid argument.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Been won by an American team every year since 1994.

If its no biggie then why was a big deal made when Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa reached the Finals?

Why does the hockey world clamour for an All Canadien SCF?

that hockey world does? I believe Canadians do. There are American hockey fans ya know. Most of them clamor for an all Canadian team SCF cause its been a long time since its happened.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Thats a fallacy, every team in the USA is made up primarily of Canadians. Dont make that stupid argument.

Say you're a hockey fan living in Toronto -- Wouldn't you rather see your Leafs win a Cup over Team Canada winning gold?

6uXNWAo.png

Before the tourney I would have been happy with any medal. Just look at it this way if the NHL returns to Sochi in 2014, the Americans will be four years older and four years better. They were a very young talented team with a bright future and in four years it will be on neutral ice. No home ice for Canada, just battling them to OT in Vancouver is one hell of an accomplishment.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don't be so damn bitter, Charger.

I hope a lot of people that don't typically watch hockey tuned in and saw how great this sport is and became fans this afternoon! I know my mom was watching and she's the last person I'd have expected to watch it.

I missed the entire game except for OT, which began right after I stepped into my dorm and turned on the TV. I'm actually more pissed that I missed this game than I was that I missed the Super Bowl. Thanks, Air Force!

IUe6Hvh.png

Say you're a hockey fan living in Toronto -- Wouldnt you rather see your Leafs win a Cup over Team Canada winning gold?

I dont know, I dont live in Toronto. You'd have to ask someone from there. But was the entire heart of the country broken when Edmonton lost in SCF? Or Calgary? I think if you asked someone in Edmonton if they were upset that Calgary lost in the SCF they'd tell you hell no.

Archived