XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

Just to have a thread for the discussion of the games in general, we have this.

Bold prediction: Canada will win ten times the combined number of gold medals they won in their last two hosting efforts. A performance of that magnitude would be lauded throughout Canada, I'm sure.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bold prediction: Canada will win ten times the combined number of gold medals they won in their last two hosting efforts. A performance of that magnitude would be lauded throughout Canada, I'm sure.

Will, I don't know which event, but I think Canada will take one gold home. Which is more than a thousand times the number of golds they bought home in Montreal and Calgary. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nice to see your act plays in all sports Will. I'd hate to think you are a one-trick pony.

BB52Big.jpg

Nice to see your act plays in all sports Will. I'd hate to think you are a one-trick pony.
No act here, I'm hoping I'm right - less medals for Canada means more medals for the United States.

LvZYtbZ.png

Yeah... Problem is that most of the events are the ones that America sucks ass in. I just want to see some good action at the Winter Games and, hopefully, no one trying to dope their way to a Gold Medal.

No act here, I'm hoping I'm right - less medals for Canada means more medals for the United States.

One doesn't correlate with the other. That's like saying... aw... screw that

I'm just hoping for something like this to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U

I saw, I came, I left.

Does that mean you're finally admitting that all your crazy football posts were just an act?

BB52Big.jpg

I am guessing Wayne Gretzky lights the torch. I can't think of another Canadian athlete that has the global name recognition of Gretzky. I am also thinking the final lap will be on skates as Cindy Klassen, Mario Lemieux, Kurt Browning,Hayley Wickenheiser, Elvis Stojko, Jamie Salé and David Pelletier all making the final lap before handing off to the Great One...who shoots a flaming puck to light the torch ala the Barcelona games of '92.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The Americans will win a medal in hockey!

(In Women's hockey, that is).

I was about to say don't get your hopes up, then I saw the little trick that you pulled ... sneaky sneaky

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I am guessing Wayne Gretzky lights the torch. I can't think of another Canadian athlete that has the global name recognition of Gretzky. I am also thinking the final lap will be on skates as Cindy Klassen, Mario Lemieux, Kurt Browning,Hayley Wickenheiser, Elvis Stojko, Jamie Salé and David Pelletier all making the final lap before handing off to the Great One...who shoots a flaming puck to light the torch ala the Barcelona games of '92.

Most people have been pushing Terry Fox's mother to light the torch and I really think she should. But they're keeping it a surprise up until the the opening ceremonies.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Most people have been pushing Terry Fox's mother to light the torch and I really think she should. But they're keeping it a surprise up until the the opening ceremonies.

I think she should light it.

No one compares to Terry Fox and what he did for Canada and the world.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

My guesses are Betty Fox or Rick Hansen, or even both.

I saw, I came, I left.

My guesses are Betty Fox or Rick Hansen, or even both.

While Terry Fox's story is well known in Canada, most out side of Canada do not have any idea who he is. If my wife was not Canadian I know I would not know. Now that is not saying his mother is not deserving, but I have noticed that the games have been using people that are known outside of the host country. Also I think they would have a person linked to winter sports. Although I will say that the games being in BC and Terry being from BC would be a very strong factor in her selection. Oh well only have to wait a few days. Oh and I think Russia will win the Gold in hockey, Alexander the Great will dominate the ice like no other has in the new era of Olympic ice hockey.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Canada will win 20 Medals that's my prediction with 4 Gold.

And that's what should be expected except this stupid ''Own the Podium'' BS could throw a wrench into that.

How would a funding program for Canadian athletes throw a wrench in them winning 20 medals? :blink:

Canada will win 20 Medals that's my prediction with 4 Gold.

And that's what should be expected except this stupid ''Own the Podium'' BS could throw a wrench into that.

How would a funding program for Canadian athletes throw a wrench in them winning 20 medals? :blink:

Sorry I should have said that if they don't live up to those expectations of Owning the Podium, could throw a wrench into that program.

I'd be really happy with 20 Medals but who knows they really could go off for 25+.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived