XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler alert for our West Coast American viewers

That was the greatest opening ceremony ever, loved the fiddlers. Too bad for the torch malfunction but so what and that was the most obvious choice to light the torch. Too bad nobody thought about it.

Let the games begin!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Go canada!

No disrespect towards the Canadians on the boards, but dude you're American where is your pride and why are you rooting for Canada?

Well, my dads side of the family is Canadian, my pride, i really don't know, i just dont care for the US in sporting events.

I'm not going to stand here and listen to you bad-mouth the United States of America!!!!

*hums "Star-Spangled Banner" and walks out the room*

USA USA. Silly kids and their anti-american views. Sammy must be one of those them there terrorists everyone talks about

Wow... they even managed to screw up the torchlighting. If not for bad luck, VANOC would have no luck at all.

Lets look at the positives. That's the only thing they screwed up tonight. Granted its the most important part of the ceremony, by far, but still, everything else was perfect.

Unless the sleet puts out the torch before it gets to the outdoor cauldron. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Generally uncomfortable every time Joe Biden speaks, regardless of the topic. Fascinating.

But I find Jill Biden extremely likeable.

The final cauldron is pretty awesome though. I repeat: Fortress of Solitude!

The outdoor lighting was much better than the indoor even if without that malfunction, the people in the rain running along side Gretzky with the torch was very cool.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Can someone explain what happened to the torch? I completely missed it.

USA! USA! USA!

One of the torch arms failed to come up, There were 4 or 5 not sure.

Supposed to be 4 surrounding the center cauldron.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really excited about the hockey games this time around. Pretty wide open field with Russia, Sweden, USA, Czech Republic and the favorite, Canada. Going to make for some interesting games.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Can someone explain what happened to the torch? I completely missed it.

USA! USA! USA!

One of the torch arms failed to come up, There were 4 or 5 not sure.

Too bad Meat Loaf's not Canadian. Otherwise he could have concluded the ceremony with an impromptu adaptation of his biggest hit:

:music:Now don't be sad... don't be sad, 'cause three out of four ain't bad... :music:

Actually while the torchbearers were all standing there, I was half-expecting Gretzky to go to the cauldron by himself while the others started banging their torches on the floor like hockey sticks.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived