XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand the use of Cris Collinsworth for Olympic coverage. Can't NBC hire a former American Winter Olympian, That's what CTV, TSN and Sportsnet have makes the event a lot more easier to understand.

Now on today Men's Snowboard Cross is today. So what if the Americans dominate this if you haven't seen this sport I really suggest you make time for it just like Ski Cross when it comes up it's a quite a thrilling minute or whatever it is.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Mike Robertson wins Silver in Mens Snowboard Cross. He was so close to having the gold, but the American got more air on one of the final jumps.

It sure is one exciting event though. Reminds me of Nascar on snow.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The Women's hockey team is doing fantastic, up 5-0 at the end of the 1st...

Make that 7-0 over China, 8:30 left in the 2nd period.

Final is 12-1.

How'd the USA let in a goal ^_^

With Canada beating Switzerland 10-1.. I think we have to ask the same question about the Canadians :D

I saw, I came, I left.

That's okay if Canada gave up a goal to the Swiss... The way I see it, the prelim round of Women's Hockey is all about two things: To see how much Canada can beat up on their group and to see how much the USA can beat up on their group. Then, we should have the expected main event: Canada vs. USA for the Gold.

Β 

That's okay if Canada gave up a goal to the Swiss... The way I see it, the prelim round of Women's Hockey is all about two things: To see how much Canada can beat up on their group and to see how much the USA can beat up on their group. Then, we should have the expected main event: Canada vs. USA for the Gold.

Unless Sweden takes them out first.

philly.png

These Vancouver Games just can't catch a break:

-A luger dies, leading to the shortening of the track.

-Part of the cauldron at the Opening Ceremonies doesn't deploy.

-Weather postpones the skiing events for two days.

-Cypruss Mountain has had a host of issues for a month.

-Now, they had ice problems at the speedskating rink.

Does anyone have the exact reasoning or wording as to why ESPN can't use NBC's Olympic video for highlights?

I dont have the time to sit around and watch the Olympics all day, so if I miss something I expect to be able to see it on SportsCenter like I do with every other sport. Instead I got a montage of Getty Images with a result underneath it and a less than adequate retelling of what happened.

I know it has something to do with copyrights or something of that nature, but what's the exact reason? (Beyond NBC's plain idiocy)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANAΒ | LAA | LARΒ | LAL | ASU | CSULB |Β USMNTΒ | USWNT |Β LAFCΒ | OCSC |Β MAN UTDΒ |

ESPN is a direct competitor with NBC for TV ratings. Perhaps that's why the embargo exists.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Does anyone have the exact reasoning or wording as to why ESPN can't use NBC's Olympic video for highlights?

I dont have the time to sit around and watch the Olympics all day, so if I miss something I expect to be able to see it on SportsCenter like I do with every other sport. Instead I got a montage of Getty Images with a result underneath it and a less than adequate retelling of what happened.

I know it has something to do with copyrights or something of that nature, but what's the exact reason? (Beyond NBC's plain idiocy)

It has to do with the Olympic broadcasting rights. It happens during the games and it's the same everywhere, not just the United States. NBC wouldn't be paying so much money and allow their competitors to show footage. It's not idiocy on NBC's part, just business...

I saw, I came, I left.

It has to do with the Olympic broadcasting rights. It happens during the games and it's the same everywhere, not just the United States. NBC wouldn't be paying so much money and allow their competitors to show footage. It's not idiocy on NBC's part, just business...

But didn't the Al Michaels trade call for ESPN to be able to be able to show SOME footage during the olympics?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

But didn't the Al Michaels trade call for ESPN to be able to be able to show SOME footage during the olympics?

Wasn't the trade Al Michaels for a duck?

I saw, I came, I left.

As Dead! said, it's not NBC who's blocking ESPN from showing video. It's the IOC. If ESPN didn't pay the IOC any money they wont let them use video. It's been like this for as long as I've been alive. I remember countless times TSN showing still images of Canadian athletes at previous Olympics when CBC was the broadcaster.

1zqy8ok.gif

Projected lines for Team Canada's first game against Norway taken from practice.

Nash-Crosby-Bergeron

Staal-Getzlaf-Perry

Toews-Richards-Iginla

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau

Niedermayer-Weber

Pronger-Boyle

Seabrook-Keith

Luongo

The only thing that is set is Luongo in net.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Archived