XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I cheer for Australia. Because my best friends are Aussie. So there.

2. Spammy is still lame.

3. EPIC CALDERON FAIL!

ivan_calderon_autograph.jpg

I was thinking something of the Felipe variety

felipe_calderon_baja.jpg

joseC_300_070501.jpg

This is who I was thinking of. Especially considering he plays in Canada.

a few thoughts from the opening ceremonies:

1. I never realized what a great ass Nelly Furtado has.

2. This is going to sky rocket the Vancouver tourism industry (which I suppose is the goal when you sign up to host an olympics)

3. It wouldn't be a Canadian opening ceremonies without sleeveless plaid shirts underneath sleeveless leather vests.

4. I loved KD Lang's version of "Hallelujah"

5. My favorite part, no joke, was the poet near the end.

6. I didn't know BC Place was so big.

7. I felt so bad for the torch-bearers standing there trying (some more than others) to look like nothing was going wrong when it was clear to everyone there and on TV that there was something wrong. In the end though, it didn't look that bad without the 4th "lighter thingy".

I loved it and was entertained throughout. Well done, Vancouver and the rest of Canada

PvO6ZWJ.png

a few thoughts from the opening ceremonies:

1. I never realized what a great ass Nelly Furtado has.

2. This is going to sky rocket the Vancouver tourism industry (which I suppose is the goal when you sign up to host an olympics)

3. It wouldn't be a Canadian opening ceremonies without sleeveless plaid shirts underneath sleeveless leather vests.

4. I loved KD Lang's version of "Hallelujah"

5. My favorite part, no joke, was the poet near the end.

6. I didn't know BC Place was so big.

7. I felt so bad for the torch-bearers standing there trying (some more than others) to look like nothing was going wrong when it was clear to everyone there and on TV that there was something wrong. In the end though, it didn't look that bad without the 4th "lighter thingy".

I loved it and was entertained throughout. Well done, Vancouver and the rest of Canada

As if we all needed a reminder that we pronounce it "Zed" :D

The lighting of the cauldron was a failure of ... um ... Olympic proportions... They didn't stand there as long as Cathy Freeman did for Sydney 2000. It was probably a good thing she was a runner, because he arm must have been dead tired after holding up her arm for so long. Having Gretzky as final runner was a nice touch, albeit somewhat predictable. I guess with an indoor ceremony, there had to be some way for the world to see the cauldron.

I saw, I came, I left.

another thing, I was honestly fearful of a Nickelback performance. I've heard that canadians hate them just as much as we do, but if the wrong person is in charge then you never know what could happen. I'm so glad those a**holes didn't make an appearance.

Donald Sutherland and Bobby Orr FTW.

PvO6ZWJ.png

another thing, I was honestly fearful of a Nickelback performance. I've heard that canadians hate them just as much as we do, but if the wrong person is in charge then you never know what could happen. I'm so glad those a**holes didn't make an appearance.

That would be such a fail for VANOC if they got those tools also thankful they didn't get Michael Buble. Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and K.D. Lang was just perfect.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

They love being hated that makes the whole Nickelback crap worse but enough about those idiots.\

I can't stand reading the ESPN discussions about issues like the Olympics or Hockey but it's so laughable I can't help not look.

That was Donald Sutherland reading the various quotations about Canada during the artsy part of the ceremony wasn't it? Its a pretty distinctive voice.

Also, Romeo Daillaire did not look thrilled to be an Olympic flag bearer. I imagine he was thinking "thanks international community, but where were you in 1994?"

That was Donald Sutherland reading the various quotations about Canada during the artsy part of the ceremony wasn't it? Its a pretty distinctive voice.

Also, Romeo Daillaire did not look thrilled to be an Olympic flag bearer. I imagine he was thinking "thanks international community, but where were you in 1994?"

Out of all the people that I was watching the Ceremonies with no one knew who he was only me and I was also thinking the same thing haha.

But all the people that carried the Olympic flag were all deserving of that honor.

No Alan Thicke. No Rush. Boo.

Rush was in the building, scheduled to play Closer To The Heart,

and possibly YYZ.

The theme centering around the provinces skipped over Ontario and the Great Lakes region

due to the tragic death of the luger. Those segments were reportedly cut for sensitivity.

The word is Rush may tentatively play at the closing ceremony.

BBC America had a shot of Geddy and Alex in the BC Place.

sig-1.png

That would be such a fail for VANOC if they got those tools also thankful they didn't get Michael Buble. Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and K.D. Lang was just perfect.

Don't forget Sarah McLachlan!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Czech Republic was pretty awesome as well.

oly_g_czech11_576.jpg

Thank God they were wearing those pants to take the attention off Jagrs mullet.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Men's Downhill is postponed till Monday due to the course getting messed up by the rain.

So Canada will now have two chances to score their first Gold Medal on home soil. Charles Hamelin in Short Track Speed Skating and Jennifer Heil in Moguls.

Also some good news on the Luge Track they have made it a bit safer moving the start farther down and raising the wall where Kumaritashvili died. Nice to see them making improvements.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=40313.html?cid=rsstsn

Archived