XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

Terrible news my prayers and thoughts are with his family and yes it's horrible start to the games.

Also alot of luger's have complained about this track as it is the fastest in the world. Nodar was going 144 KM/h when he crashed.

Yeah, I wonder if they've allowed enough training time on the track over the last year or so to let people use it safely.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if next world cup season the International Luge Federation will implement the use of Catch fences or something after the exit of a turn, that can restrict the luger from going off track?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I avoided watching the video becuase I knew it would be gruesome. Unfortunately, I turned on the news at the wrong time and caught a glimpse. I feel sick after seeing it. But, I am still excited for the opening ceremonies and the rest of the games.

I found it incredibly jarring, but not particularly gruesome. Gruesome, to me, connotes blood and guts flying all over the place, which as far as I could tell did not happen here. (The last movie I Netflixed was District 9 - now that's gruesome.)

In any case though, still a sad day for everyone involved. Between the melting snow on the ski slopes, Lindsey Vonn getting hurt, the anti-Olympic protestors and now this, the Vancouver organizers just can't catch a break. What's next, the roof of BC Place getting hit by a meteor during the opening ceremony?

CCSLC signature.png

I avoided watching the video becuase I knew it would be gruesome. Unfortunately, I turned on the news at the wrong time and caught a glimpse. I feel sick after seeing it. But, I am still excited for the opening ceremonies and the rest of the games.

I found it incredibly jarring, but not particularly gruesome. Gruesome, to me, connotes blood and guts flying all over the place, which as far as I could tell did not happen here. (The last movie I Netflixed was District 9 - now that's gruesome.)

In any case though, still a sad day for everyone involved. Between the melting snow on the ski slopes, Lindsey Vonn getting hurt, the anti-Olympic protestors and now this, the Vancouver organizers just can't catch a break. What's next, the roof of BC Place getting hit by a meteor during the opening ceremony?

Trust me, you don't need anything as dramatic as meteor to :censored: up the roof of BC Place. :D

Trust me, you don't need anything as dramatic as meteor to :censored: up the roof of BC Place. :D

Just a little snow.

SUN0105N-BC%20Place%201-2.jpg

BTW NBC, do you really need the foreign country profile for Canada? Nothing screams American's are stupid than having one of those for the country you share a huge border with.

NBC tape delaying the Olympic opening in the time zone in which it is actually happening is baffling.

You expect NBC to make logical decisions?

I wish I were back home right now where we get CBC through Windsor, because NBC's coverage sucks balls.

spacer.png

NBC tape delaying the Olympic opening in the time zone in which it is actually happening is baffling.

At this point, I honestly question whether NBC execs can put their pants on on the first try.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wish I were back home right now where we get CBC through Windsor, because NBC's coverage sucks balls.

It's on CTV in Canada. But that should be on cable systems if one is close to the border.

NBC did that for the 1996 Atlanta games and the 2002 SLC games as well. They edited everything to build up events for women viewers (the primary demographic for the Olympics) for 10-11PM EST. Barely anything was shown live except for figure skating, the gold medal hockey game, some gymnastics and swimming.

Fortunately, if you have MSNBC, CNBC, and I think the Universal HD channel, you will have live access to some of the more obscure sports.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Could it be possible for our parade commentators to be any more snarky?

EDIT-I guess they told Costas to knock it off during one of the commercial breaks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's on CTV in Canada. But that should be on cable systems if one is close to the border.

Huh, I didn't know CBC had lost the broadcast rights. Well that stinks.

spacer.png

Archived