XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, if the Canadians end up with, say, 30 medals, I don't think they're going to complain if none of them are gold - they still will likely have the most medals.

Are you kidding, there is a huge amount of collective hand-wringing, and if there's anything Canadians are good at it, it's hand-wringing, about us being the only nation to ever host Olympics and not wing a single gold medal.

I can see how the close loss in moguls might sting to some -- But do Canadians really want to see their first gold medal on home turf to go to a Quebecer? :rolleyes:

I'm sure Ice_Cap would ^_^

:therock:

Canada's Canada. I'm all for a Frenchie breaking our home field curse.

He's competing? No wonder I haven't heard much from him in a while :D

Yeesh, I thought the USA was a blowout. Canada's women slaughtered Slovakia 18-0 <_<

It would have been 19-0 had it not been for a beautiful glove save by the Slovakian goalie in the first minute ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

So I went downtown to look around at the various sights today. Good lord the lineups. To be expected I suppose. Also, the caludron being fence off so you have to jam your lens through a chain link fence to get pics is super lame. Didn't see any protesters today, I guess they're all tantrumed out.

Is anyone else ready to bash in the skulls of the NBC executives? I swear half of what I've seen today is slow-motion recaps of Ohno and Kearney, and promos for that dragon movie. Why the hell can't they just show some frickin' events? And would it hurt to show them live, instead of a 20 minute delay? The excitement of the moguls was killed when I read here that Bilodeau had won, and he wasn't even getting ready to go down yet. Stupid NBC.

spacer.png

Is anyone else ready to bash in the skulls of the NBC executives? I swear half of what I've seen today is slow-motion recaps of Ohno and Kearney, and promos for that dragon movie. Why the hell can't they just show some frickin' events? And would it hurt to show them live, instead of a 20 minute delay? The excitement of the moguls was killed when I read here that Bilodeau had won, and he wasn't even getting ready to go down yet. Stupid NBC.

They showed quite a bit of the Nordic combined and the 3rd run of the mens luge in the afternoon. Though, it probably didn't help that alpine events were delayed again.

I saw, I came, I left.

Honestly, I feel bad for the coverage you guys get in the States. Everytime I switch to it from one of the three Canadian feeds, I shake my head. It's like NBC buys the rights to the Olympics specifically to prevent Americans actually seeing the sporting event portion of the games.

They showed quite a bit of the Nordic combined and the 3rd run of the mens luge in the afternoon. Though, it probably didn't help that alpine events were delayed again.

And those were followed by movie promo tie-ins, and recaps of Kearney and Ohno.

The Nordic had a hell of a finish though.

Honestly, I feel bad for the coverage you guys get in the States. Everytime I switch to it from one of the three Canadian feeds, I shake my head. It's like NBC buys the rights to the Olympics specifically to prevent Americans actually seeing the sporting event portion of the games.

Yep. All they care about is what makes a compelling story and what's best for ratings. They don't give a crap about the actual sport of it.

spacer.png

Finally a gold for Canada ... in the Men's moguls! Alexandre Bilodeau will now be a trivia answers for years to come...

That 2nd jump was downright sexy...Congrats to he and the Great White North...

It's gotta taste even sweeter for Canadians knowing their Aussie turncoat had to settle for sliver.

And yes, I think I speak for each and every American when I say we have had it with NBC's raging boner for the likes of Apolo Ohno and Shawn White.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived