XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are Canada and Norway still tied 18 minutes into their game?

It takes awhile for a team to gel, they have only had one practice together.

A perfect example is 2002, they looked awful in an opening 5-2 loss to Sweden, but they went on to win Gold.

I don't take much stock in first games at all. Once the nerves subside, and the team develops some cohesiveness, then you'll see what each team has to offer.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here is Norway's pants for those who haven't seen them:

norway.jpg?t=1266364855

Just imagine someone wearing a Croatian soccer shirt with those pants.

Shifting gears back to hockey, is anyone else here miffed that they're playing on an NHL-sized rink (specifically the one at General Motors Canada Hockey Place) instead of the wider international standard?

CCSLC signature.png

norway.jpg?t=1266364855

Shifting gears back to hockey, is anyone else here miffed that they're playing on an NHL-sized rink (specifically the one at General Motors Canada Hockey Place) instead of the wider international standard?

No.

Canadians have grown up playing on this surface, why would we take away a home-ice advantage to give our opponents an advantage?

1zqy8ok.gif

Wow... Lindsey Jacobellis went off-course and didn't even make the snowboard-cross finals. With two major gaffes in two Winter Games, she has, alas, now cemented her place as the Leon Lett of the Olympics.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow... Lindsey Jacobellis went off-course and didn't even make the snowboard-cross finals. With two major gaffes in two Winter Games, she has, alas, now cemented her place as the Leon Lett of the Olympics.

I could've told you that 3 hours ago :P

I think there should be a rule here that no Canadians give out results about American athletes until NBC decides to show them.

1zqy8ok.gif

I think there should be a rule here that no Canadians give out results about American athletes until NBC decides to show them.

That's just playing into NBC's hands and I will have no part of it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

norway.jpg?t=1266364855

No. When they have international competitions in Europe, they don't make the ice smaller for North Americans. No reason North American games should change their rinks for Europeans. To say nothing of the cost of modifying an existing rink to allower a larger ice surface, and the lost ticket revenue from the seats you'd have to remove.

I woudn't worry about that. The results are plastered all over the internet the moment anything goes final -- so if we (Americans) are on here, then you can go ahead and assume it's already been spoiled. SCREW YOU, NBC! SCREW YOU!

6uXNWAo.png

A little bit, but I'm overall indifferent to it. I don't know how much of a difference it really makes. If anything you'd think that the teams with little to no NHL players would have a little conditioning advantage, but again, not a huge deal

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

At this rate, she probably won't get past the first round in Sochi.

And, I hate to say this, but it probably serves her right for hot dogging.

philly.png

Archived