XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another thing, when the curling teams call a timeout, has anyone else noticed that all the "coaches" speak English and not their native tongue. What is with that?

I don't know if that is the case for all teams, but in Denmark's case, their coach is from Alberta.

0-7... OH AND FREAKING SEVEN

SHUSTER!!! :cursing:

If the majority of America actually gave a crap about curling, your head would be on a platter. In the last 3 games, he missed 4 potential game-winners. Really... REALLY?!?!

Oh and NBC's Curling to Hockey transitions and their use of Fred Roggin makes me want to punch babies.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's really pretty neat to see Americans giving a :censored: about curling.

With all the strategery that goes into each roll, the game structure, etc....it's very reminiscent of baseball.

John Shuster should just change his name to Brad Lidge....

Ouch.

Shaun White is still a wanker.

philly.png

Here's my curling crush:

Madeline Dupont of Denmark:

4088108982.jpg

I second that... Actually, I think it's kinda hot that the Danish chicks are all in skirts. :)

Now that I've seen the score in the Canada-Switzerland game, I wonder if Canada loses, does that kill the luster of Sunday's massive showdown with the US?

Doesn't one of the curling team have a diamond-shaped checkerboard designed pants?

Norway's men team has those pants.

Anyway, we have our first ever Olympic hockey shootout between Canada and Switzerland. Personally, this would work better in the later rounds, but not the prelims. Just give them the tie and 1 point each because both team are, in a way, chasing the USA for one of the top four spots in the Medal Round.

... and Canada wins the shootout 1-0! That huge sigh of relief that came from up north was from all the Canadian fans who nearly saw their team blow this game.

Doesn't one of the curling team have a diamond-shaped checkerboard designed pants?

Anyway, we have our first ever Olympic hockey shootout between Canada and Switzerland. Personally, this would work better in the later rounds, but not the prelims. Just give them the tie and 1 point each because both team are, in a way, chasing the USA for one of the top four spots in the Medal Round.

... and Canada wins the shootout 1-0! That huge sigh of relief that came from up north was from all the Canadian fans who nearly saw their team blow this game.

I know it's not the first ever shootout, I can place one in 1994.

LvZYtbZ.png

It's not the first ever Olympic hockey shootout...

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived