Wacky Super Bowl Champs Gear

BlueSky

Having had no occasion until now to ever buy or even browse Super Bowl Champion gear, I was astounded to see the range of items you can use to remind everyone you come in contact with for the rest of your life that your team won the Super Bowl. We have...

Monopoly

p7299405dt.jpg

Leather checkbook cover

p7290425dt.jpg

Lunch sack (Great for rubbing it in with those pesky co-workers who follow other teams.)

p7308873dt.jpg

Hitch cover

p7290743dt.jpg

Popcorn tin

p7277377dt.jpg

'Slanket' (Blonde and sofa not included)

p7282126dt.jpg

And finally, the "You've got to be s***ting me!" award goes to...

p7308747dt.jpg

The official Super Bowl Champion mini-fridge. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with this kind of stuff is that its great for a year, but what happens to your lunch bag next year, when the Falcons or some other rival of the Saints has won the Superbowl? Suddenly you look like a chump!

Be good to know what the pieces for the monopoly set are? I have a 1998 World Cup (soccer) edition of monopoly that has a pretty smart little replica of the FIFA world cup as a piece. Does this have a Vince Lombardi Trophy as a piece?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The problem with this kind of stuff is that its great for a year, but what happens to your lunch bag next year, when the Falcons or some other rival of the Saints has won the Superbowl? Suddenly you look like a chump!

I don't really see how. The Saints will always been the Super Bowl XLIV Champs. They may not be the defending champs this time next year, but they will still be the Super Bowl XLIV Champions, which is what all of this stuff is saying.

I don't really feel any desire to buy any of this stuff. I'll wear the same Saints gear I've worn for years. Everybody knows they're the SB champs, it's not like anybody's getting a news flash about the game's outcome.

I may get one of the fugly field hats the players were wearing just for display purposes on what my wife calls my 'Saints shrine,' but that's about it. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't really see how. The Saints will always been the Super Bowl XLIV Champs. They may not be the defending champs this time next year, but they will still be the Super Bowl XLIV Champions, which is what all of this stuff is saying.

I think for stuff thats collectable, like the monopoly set or the cheque book cover maybe, then you have a point, but the everyday stuff, like the lunch bag, surely just looks out of date sooner, than if it were just a plain old Saints bag?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My girlfriend bought a bigger version of the lunchbag...and proceeded to rub it in my face that the Bengals still haven't won a championship.

Why oh why did Kimo von Olhaufen have to destroy Carson's knee in 2005?

My girlfriend bought a bigger version of the lunchbag...and proceeded to rub it in my face that the Bengals still haven't won a championship.

I've been asking myself that same question for the last four years.

Sigs are for sissies.

Perhaps if the Bengals blocked better, Von Oelhoffen would have been nowhere near Palmer.

Perhaps if the Bengals blocked better, Von Oelhoffen would have been nowhere near Palmer.

Keep drinkin the haterade. Its not like the Browns have done anything recently.

Although you have a very valid point, and if my memory serves me correctly, the o-line was one of the weak spots that year.

Keep drinkin the haterade. Its not like the Browns have done anything recently.

Although you have a very valid point, and if my memory serves me correctly, the o-line was one of the weak spots that year.

Not hating, just pointing out how I saw that play.

The Browns sucking since 1999 is not new information; however, the fact that they have been that bad and even more hilariously bad with most of their first round draft picks since then should be mentioned.

Some of it doesn't surprise me. Especially the leather checkbook. I've had a Detroit Red Wings leather checkbook now for nearly 10 years. But gotta agree about the minifridge. That's just too much.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I don't know, I was on the fence about buying just a plain Saints mini fridge. But now that it's got the Super Bowl logo on it too, why, that's TWO LOGOS for the price of ONE. VALUE!

Also, there's nothing wrong with the socks. I'm sure most of our local dollar stores will be carrying them soon enough, meaning we'll all go quietly to buy a couple of pairs, because hey, socks for a buck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived