2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Flames have one of the hardest schedule's the rest of the way goodie!

But from what I've seen from this team during this 4 game win streak I wouldn't be one bit scared of who we'd match up against, again they'll have to continue their strong play. All that of course if we end up making it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Flames ought to make the playoffs as a 7 or 8. They're a more talented team than stinkin' Nashville, who seem to get dickslapped whenever they do anything less than execute a soul-crushing trap to the hilt, which even at its best can get busted by superior teams. I've been calling them a paper (fossilized) tiger since Thanksgiving.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shouldn't have taken as long as it did to consult the rulebook and conclude that head-targeted boarding is 5+ejection, and the commentators should've been on it. Made it look like they just arbitrarily tacked it on.

Hope Soupy's okay. That was a mean hit. That's why Ovechkin's the best player in the world, I guess.

Shouldn't have taken as long as it did to consult the rulebook and conclude that head-targeted boarding is 5+ejection, and the commentators should've been on it. Made it look like they just arbitrarily tacked it on.

Hope Soupy's okay. That was a mean hit. That's why Ovechkin's the best player in the world, I guess.

It was a stupid and momentum shifting penalty; at least for one period. Ovechkin was overly aggressive on that particular play. Caps start the second on the PowerPlay, however, they are playing out of sync.

Shouldn't have taken as long as it did to consult the rulebook and conclude that head-targeted boarding is 5+ejection, and the commentators should've been on it.

They were all over it during the intermission, as Hockey's Two Dumbest People In Suits talked angrily about how pushing a guy head-first into the boards at full speed should have been a double-minor, tops. Then the greatest GM in Islanders history repeatedly drooled out of his mouth about how we all might as well be playing squash, or something.

Update: Frechie LeMonster just asked Boudreau about Ovie's hit on Duncan Keith. In fairness, he only had a period-and-a-half to get the names straight.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I turned off the TV during intermission because I felt like listening to music instead of Milbury and Lucky Pierre. None of that really surprises me, even though everyone seems to agree that Head Shots Are Bad. I think there have been stringent rules against boarding at all levels well before the new CBA, whereas holding David Booth Bobblehead Night won't be a serious problem till next year.

EDIT: someone in the truck screwed up and put up a graphic for "Top Russian Defensemen" when they meant "Rushing Defensemen." Chapter 19, Only the Goddamned NHL

The Caps are good....what a comeback!

Also, what's up with the Blackhawks & getting big leads against good teams, only to have them evaporate sooner or later? They did this against the Sharks in February (they still won in OT though IIRC) & now they do it against the Caps. Wow.

Also, what's up with the Blackhawks & getting big leads against good teams, only to have them evaporate sooner or later? They did this against the Sharks in February (they still won in OT though IIRC) & now they do it against the Caps. Wow.

That it is! As much of a letdown the first two periods were, period three and overtime made up for it! It's nice to see that pivotal players (Backstrom, Fehr, Green, etc.) can step-up and contribute when called upon, especially when Ovechkin isn't available.

That it is! As much of a letdown the first two periods were, period three and overtime made up for it! It's nice to see that pivotal players (Backstrom, Fehr, Green, etc.) can step-up and contribute when called upon, especially when Ovechkin isn't available.

So you're saying it was a wise choice on my part to switch from the game after two periods, and settle in with the wife on the couch to catch up on Biggest Loser Australia. I am becoming increasingly worried about this team going all Sharks on me in the postseason.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So you're saying it was a wise choice on my part to switch from the game after two periods, and settle in with the wife on the couch to catch up on Biggest Loser Australia. I am becoming increasingly worried about this team going all Sharks on me in the postseason.

What I've learned while watching Caps games in person and on the television is that a game is never over until the final horn sounds.

Well the Ovechkin hit should be accompanied with at least a one game suspension.

Per the rule book

23.5 Fines and Suspensions - Stick Infractions, Boarding and Checking from Behind Category - In regular League games, any player or goalkeeper who incurs a total of two (2) game misconduct penalties for stick-related infractions, Boarding - Rule 42, or Checking from Behind - Rule 44, shall be suspended automatically for the next League game of his team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty, the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game

So we shall see if Ovi gets handed his second suspension of the season.

And for those who haven't had a chance to look at the hit on Campbell here it is.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

While I tend to side closer to someone like Milbury who thinks the NHL is going soft all of the sudden, boarding someone like this was, is, and hopefully should continue to be, a dirty play.

Ovechkin's style of play is going to come full circle one day, and he could be the one laid out on the ice, or worse, and he is likely going to deserve it.

That's a 2 week suspension in my book. All hockey players know that there is a "no hit zone" from about 4-6 feet off the boards... hence the penalty "boarding". Now I love Ovi... but that was just dirty.

Brian Campbell is lucky he didn't end up like Kris Draper...

- "When Repeatedly Punching A Guy In The Nuts From Behind Is A Minor."

Archived