2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

any kind of news on the 2011 winter classic and where it might be (front runners and dark horses)

Heard on NHL Live although I can't stand those guys and all they care about is talking about Ovechkin and Crosby so I think you put two and two together and you get Caps vs. Pens at Nationals Park or PNC.

Caps yes but the Pens? Everyone knows it should be the Rangers but Yankee Stadium being used for a Bowl Game could put more dents into the Rangers plan of hosting it.

I'm more intrigued on how this Canadian version being held on Hockey Day in Canada will work that's even if they're going through with it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thrashers lay an egg after some pretty solid hockey. Then again, can't say that I didn't expect that to happen, seeing as how the Thrashers have a historical tendency of having let downs in important games. Eh.

Also, rare good night for the Sharks: They win, Phoenix loses. Hopefully this means that the Sharks have gotten all of the choking out of their system earlier & are about to get back into good form.

Except the playoffs haven't started yet, so they're not quite done choking just yet, wait another month-month in a half.

GCEeffm.png

Way to choke away the win, Fleury.

In any case, the pens did great taking it to the point they did considering missing Malkin and Gonchar. This helps ease worries that they havent been able to play to their potential recently. Iron out a few kinks and things will be all good...

... except Fleury has looked real shaky lately.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Mike Knuble never scored a shootout goal in his career until tonight. Gotta be a good feeling for him as the Caps tie their franchise high in points. Pretty good game both ways, very tight defensive game. We'll take the 2 pts.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

As a Caps fan I have to admit, the Pens gave them a hell of a ride. This wasn't just game of the night, this was game of the week. It was almost like a playoff game.

Knuble getting his first ever goal in a shootout was amazing, but coming back from 2-0 in the shootout to getting 3 straight & winning, that was a thing of beauty.

baltimoreravens.png

sedins.gif

I wonder if they actually do that innately, or if they just decide to do that at times just to weird people out/get some cheap laughs.

Either way, I hope those two never get separated. EVER.

Way to choke away the win, Fleury.

In any case, the pens did great taking it to the point they did considering missing Malkin and Gonchar. This helps ease worries that they havent been able to play to their potential recently. Iron out a few kinks and things will be all good...

... except Fleury has looked real shaky lately.

On the whole I was pleased with the Pens play, if they could get these pesky three minute collapses against Washington figured out, I'd feel a bit better. Ive never been one to jump on the bash Fleury train, but his play since the end of the Olympics is getting very concerning. Not so much any goal he gave up in regulation last night, but the shootout was a train wreck.

I like to think of myself as a bit of a hockey purist, but the more I see four on four overtime, especially a good constant back and forth, the more I inch towards the position of the league adopting it for regulation play. It's radical absolutely, but it can be very entertaining to watch.

So can shootouts, but I wouldn't suggest devolving the entire game down to dueling penalty shots. Completely eliminating a position is unprecedented in the modern era (don't come at me with the freakin' rover) and would destroy the integrity of every rule, record, and statistic in the game. What a categorically horrible idea. They'll probably at least test it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So we're, uh, done with Cristobal Huet now, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Caps rookie and American WJHC hero John Carlson with his 1st NHL goal tonight. Congrats!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Story of the rise to a promising beginning to the fall to mediocrity. Your 2009-10 Calgary Flames.

Sorry to the rest of the NHL that wanted the Wings out, we just got to the party just a little late maybe next year. Maybe With Steve Yzerman as GM we can bring the hope back to this city.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived