2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

I'm watching the Coyotes feed of the Phoenix-Vancouver game, and they mentioned various stats about playoff-contending teams.

If you take the starting goalies of the eight teams currently sitting in playoff position in the Western Conference...

Nabakov (SJ), Niemi (CHI), Luongo (VAN), Bryzgalov (PHX), Rinne (NSH), Howard (DET), Quick (LA), and Anderson (COL)

....only two of the goalies have more experience than Phoenix's Bryzgalov. Of those two, Nabakov's career playoff record is just 1 game over .500, and Luongo is at .500. The other five goalies haven't started a playoff game.

Going by full-roster playoff game experience, Detroit was far-and-away the leader. The rest of the teams weren't that much spread out from each other.

All this means is that the Western Conference playoffs could be a literal toss-up if you base your playoff predictions on goalie experience.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyotes lost to Vancouver.

The two times I've seen Bryzgalov since the Olympics he's looked like the experience at the games crushed him. On the ice, the Coyotes have done a good job this year, but I'm not sure what they can do in the playoffs with the kind of mental lapses he seems to be having. That give away to Henrik was epic.

I could see a boarding call of some kind on Kesler, but that game misconduct seemed harsh.

Caps fall to the Sens, 5-4 in OT. Caps have been shaky of late since beating the Pens in a shootout last Wednesday.

Id love to say the pens had something to do with that... but thats not the case. :D

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

The two times I've seen Bryzgalov since the Olympics he's looked like the experience at the games crushed him. On the ice, the Coyotes have done a good job this year, but I'm not sure what they can do in the playoffs with the kind of mental lapses he seems to be having. That give away to Henrik was epic.

I could see a boarding call of some kind on Kesler, but that game misconduct seemed harsh.

Further reviews showed Morris looking at Kesler, then turning away; Kesler hit him from the side, and because Morris is a schmuck, he was still looking down and got his bell rung that way. I doubt there'll be further punishment, but this is the NHL, so who the :censored: knows.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Further reviews showed Morris looking at Kesler, then turning away; Kesler hit him from the side, and because Morris is a schmuck, he was still looking down and got his bell rung that way. I doubt there'll be further punishment, but this is the NHL, so who the :censored: knows.

It was also weird that no penalty was called when the play actually happened. It was only after the scrum that they decided it was a bad hit.

Caps fall to the Sens, 5-4 in OT. Caps have been shaky of late since beating the Pens in a shootout last Wednesday.

Id love to say the pens had something to do with that... but thats not the case. :D

No, it's just Boudreau gaining a better perspective for his playoff lines, made easier by the careless play of late. Although it is disheartening to see the Caps lose, they have given up an average of 3.4 goals in the last 10 games; however, in the past four games, the Caps have given up an average of 4.25 goals per game. The Caps can have all the offense firepower they desire, but when it's playoff time, defense wins championships.

Well, Niemi got Shutout #7 after pissing himself for the last few games. All he does is suck or totally not suck. There's no middle ground anymore, not even as a fan: I have that distinct Chicago Cubs feeling of vacillating between "oh no! a goal! game over! series over! season over! life over!" and "yes! a goal! championship team!" I love hockey. I hate hockey. It's enough to make one want to self-immolate.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Kings inch closer to their first Post-Season appearance in 8 seasons as they threw down operation ground and pound to the Vancouver Canucks 8-3.

Vancouver will have to wait another day to clinch a playoff spot but either way they clinch tomorrow I believe because obviously either Calgary or Colorado will lose tomorrow.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Pens need a win today. A good, solid, complete-game win, against a desperate Atlanta team. Thiat should hopefully help them get their act back together.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Ducks play the Kings tonight, "The final match between the rivals this season" it says on Anaheim's website. Yet we play each other again on Tuesday.

I don't see it happening, but we're now relying on a 5 game winning streak, as well as the Avs, Flames and Stars losing most of if not the rest of their games in order to nab the number 8 spot in the West. 5 wins would bring the Ducks to 93 points, and since the Kings now have 94... well, yeah.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

MAN I love beating the Red Wings.

With this, Nashville is in the playoffs for the fifth time in six years.

And the fifth first-round exit in six years. I really want the Preds to finish in 6th so that the Canucks play them instead of Detroit.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

MAN I love beating the Red Wings.

With this, Nashville is in the playoffs for the fifth time in six years.

And the fifth first-round exit in six years. I really want the Preds to finish in 6th so that the Canucks play them instead of Detroit.

Man, and I though "Here we go again" thread was painful; playing the Red Wings in the 1st round is like a root canal.

Thats not what the '06 Oilers, '03 Ducks, '01 Kings, '94 Sharks, '93 Maple Leafs, '92 Blues thought.

I know, I know, living in the past. But Jimmy Howard is very capable of "going Steve Mason" in the playoffs.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived