Bruins Alternate Jersey Concept

AlaskaAJ

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought i'd post a Bruins alternate jersey concept i've been working on for a while now.

And before you rip it TOO badly, I'm 13...

Boston_Bruins_Third_Concept.png

Comments & Criticism?

BTW- This was made BEFORE the 2009/10 Winter Classic jerseys were revealed, so it's a somewhat original idea.

Thanks to RandyC and LEWJ for the template.

ccslcsig-4.png

13 or not, all you did was take the bear out of the shoulder logo. A better idea would have been to just use the head of the bear as it's got a mean enough face to not look like Teddy Ruxpin like the previous one.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I like the logo choice. Yes, it's from the shoulder logo, but it looks good on it's own as the crest.

The yellow looks good, too, but I would make the numbers and lettering black for legibility's sake.

You may also want to consider making the tail of the jersey black, as well, so it matches the sleeves better. That's just personal preference, though, and you're welcome to disagree on the suitability of that suggestion.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The first update I did over at PuckDrawn was the tail being black. I tried making the letters and numbers to black with a white outline instead of white with a black outline, for better visibility/readability (sp?).

It looks funny to me, like there's too much black. What do you guys think?

Boston_Bruins_Third_Concept_3-1.png

ccslcsig-4.png

make the bottoms of the sleeves and the bottom of the body yellow or maybe white.

That is... a really good idea. All that black was starting to annoy me.

Boston_Bruins_Third_Concept_4.png

There we go. So, what do you guys think? Final draft or needs more work?

ccslcsig-4.png

I actually really like the bear logo on its own. Your edits made great changes. The black numbers are better, and I like the yellow sleeves and tail. That made a huge difference in the feel of the jersey. Nice work. I feel the logo is a little bit too high, or too small one of the two, I cannot seem to get figure out which exactly. I think there is a big area of jersey that should be used just a little below the bear. I feel the logo is riding up higher. Love the Concept (whether or not you're 13)

RockiesSig.png

There are two problems with removing all that black:

1. it makes the shoulder black stand out like a sore thumb. It looked perfectly natural before.

2. it creates a "yellow diaper" effect on the bottom, due to the edge cut. If the bottom was black, it'd just blend into the pants and not be noticeable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dude...is the poll really necessary? Really?

That being said I do want to provide some input. I actually largely prefer the second one over the last. Just the right balance of black IMO.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• 9 months later...

Archived