2010 NCAA Hockey Tournament

Joshawaggie

The RIT run is amazing. Hopefully it ends in the next game :)

Wisconsin has looked pretty good and with all the time to figure out how RIT won those two games, they should be able to prepare and win. The left side of the bracket is much more true to form. RIT is the crasher.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else watching the Michigan - Miami game? Just finished the first OT. Michigan had a goal called off in the first OT, because the whistle blew just before it went in. I guess the ref lost sight of the puck. Lots of good scoring chances for both teams, but we still sit at 2-2.

It is on ESPNU if anyone cares.

MegatronSig2.jpg

...And Miami wins it. It is terrible to see Michigan lose after getting ripped off in the first OT, but it was still an amazing game. Michigan clearly had what should have been a good goal, and it was waved off. Michigan in the Frozen Four in Detroit would have been great, after the way the regular season went for them.

MegatronSig2.jpg

...And Miami wins it. It is terrible to see Michigan lose after getting ripped off in the first OT, but it was still an amazing game. Michigan clearly had what should have been a good goal, and it was waved off. Michigan in the Frozen Four in Detroit would have been great, after the way the regular season went for them.

Man that totally blows. Michigan's walk-on backup goalie was getting to be a pretty good story. I still hate Michigan due to growing up watching OSU hockey (when they were actually okay), but I know a lot of kids that go to Miami who will be pretty annoying if they win, plus they're kinda my school's rivals. I barely escaped it last year, but this is probably the season for them. Lame.

RIT is this tournament's Butler. I hope they win it all. They crushed New Hampshire 6-2 that's a little surprising.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It was too bad to see Michigan lose after that whistle. Should have been a goal. Plus Michigan had way more opportunities in OT. Miami's goalie was quite good though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

The first semi in Detroit is underway and already Wisconsin is up 2-0 on the cinderella RIT Tigers in the 1st Period.

Wouldn't shock me to see Wisconsin vs. either Boston College or Miami of Ohio in Saturday's final.

Because it probably matters here more than as a separate thread.

Retiring od "Fighting Sioux" Nickname Reaffirmed

From the story:

The State Board of Higher Education decided today to retire the UND Fighting Sioux logo and nickname and directed Chancellor Bill Goetz to so advise UND President Robert Kelley and urge him to begin the transition.

The board's president, Richie Smith, brought up the logo issue at the end of an all-day meeting, noting that as the board convened this morning the N.D. Supreme Court affirmed a district court ruling that struck down an injunction that had been sought by several members of the Spirit Lake Sioux tribe.

Smith noted that the board had voted in May 2009 to retire the name. Lifting the injunction put that action back into effect, he said, and unless he heard a motion to reconsider "the name is dropped."

Board member Claus Lembke of Bismarck offered a motion to reconsider, but it died for a lack of a second.

From the story:

The State Board of Higher Education decided today to retire the UND Fighting Sioux logo and nickname and directed Chancellor Bill Goetz to so advise UND President Robert Kelley and urge him to begin the transition.

The board's president, Richie Smith, brought up the logo issue at the end of an all-day meeting, noting that as the board convened this morning the N.D. Supreme Court affirmed a district court ruling that struck down an injunction that had been sought by several members of the Spirit Lake Sioux tribe.

Smith noted that the board had voted in May 2009 to retire the name. Lifting the injunction put that action back into effect, he said, and unless he heard a motion to reconsider "the name is dropped."

Board member Claus Lembke of Bismarck offered a motion to reconsider, but it died for a lack of a second.

As a UND alumn, this shouldn't be shocking. But it still is.

From the story:

As a UND alumn, this shouldn't be shocking. But it still is.

I agree, but it's time to just get it over with.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

This is crazy. 7-1 over the #1 team in the nation? All the offense from the Yale game with none of the awful defense. Maybe it's the surface... I don't know and I don't care. Can't wait for this rematch of the '06 title game (which still stings a little... but much less since '08). Go BC!

york.jpg

I picked the right two teams in the final. Hopefully I'm wrong about the result.

The Badgers have a lot of quality seniors. Should be closer than today's games.

On Wisconsin!

POTD (Shared)

I'm just really glad that Miami didn't advance, but I never imagined they'd get embarrassed the way they did. After the blowout first game I settled in thinking that I would watch an entertaining second game, but I guess that didn't happen either.

In the case of the championship game, I guess I'm going to have to root for Wisconsin. They're not in the CCHA, but they are usually a big ten school.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well that was just flat out embarrassing. Out worked, out-executed, flat out destroyed. BC looked very good. To those that have not see Wisconsin play, we're better than that. Ouch.

POTD (Shared)

Well that was just flat out embarrassing. Out worked, out-executed, flat out destroyed. BC looked very good. To those that have not see Wisconsin play, we're better than that. Ouch.

This game suffered from "too much sports on TV" in a day to make a difference. I watched the semis, but did not even peek at the final, nor did I DVR it as I had boxing and UFC for that as I watched NASCAR live.

Why doesn't BC wear gold helmets like their football team?

Archived