2-St. Cloud State vs. 3-Northern Michigan

East (Albany, N.Y.):

1-Denver vs. 4-RIT,

2-Cornell vs. 3-New Hampshire

Northeast (Worcester, Mass.):

1-Boston College vs. 4-Alaska,

2-North Dakota vs. 3-Yale

-----------------------------------------

I think it's becoming mandatory every year that UND and BC be put into a position to play each other.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Syracuse played a good 30 minutes today. Nice of them to be able to take a 10-minute breather to rest up for the next round.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So for folks who follow College Hockey. What's the thinking behind the CHA getting an automatic bid with only 4 teams in the conference. Fair? Unfair?

Fair or not, it's what was agreed upon and is a moot point now as the conference no longer exists.

Anyone watch the Hockey East tournament this year? Another reason why it's the best hockey in the world. Absolutely incredible tournament!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm just curious...

1st - Why the hell is there a Division I hockey team at Alabama-Huntsville?

2nd - How the hell did they get good hockey players to Alabama-Huntsville?

3rd - What the hell is Alabama-Huntsville doing in the NCAA hockey tournament?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Always fun and with ESPNU, getting much better TV coverage. Anyone that gets a hot goalie can win.

As a guy who cannot name a player outside of the WCHA...

Round 1:

Miami over Huntsville

Michigan over Bimidji

North Dakota over Yale

Boston College over Fairbanks

Denver over RIT

Cornell over New Hampshire

St. Cloud State over N. Michigan

Wisconsin over Vermont

Round 2:

Michigan over Miami

Boston College over North Dakota

Denver over Cornell

Wisconsin over St. Cloud

Semis:

Boston College over Michigan

Wisconsin over Denver

Finals:

BC over Wisconsin

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm going to continue my personal yearly tradition of rooting against Miami. I know they're the sentimental favorites because of Brendan Burke, but I don't care. I hope Alabama-Huntsville beats them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm just curious...

1. There's no Division II in hockey. It's either Division I or Division III.

2. You'd be surprised how hockey has grown in the South. I think a lot of it has to do with the performances of the reigon's NHL teams.

3. Alabama-Huntsville won the College Hockey America tournament. CHA got a waiver from the NCAA to allow it's tourny champion an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. This will be all moot because the CHA will cease to exist after the season ends (Bemidji State will go to the WCHA along with Nebraska-Omaha while Niagara and Robert Morris will join Atlantic Hockey. Alabama-Huntsville did apply for the CCHA but was rejected, so they might be the lone D-I indy next season unless the CCHA changed it's mind).

I'm just curious...

1. There's no Division II in hockey. It's either Division I or Division III.

2. You'd be surprised how hockey has grown in the South. I think a lot of it has to do with the performances of the reigon's NHL teams.

3. Alabama-Huntsville won the College Hockey America tournament. CHA got a waiver from the NCAA to allow it's tourny champion an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. This will be all moot because the CHA will cease to exist after the season ends (Bemidji State will go to the WCHA along with Nebraska-Omaha while Niagara and Robert Morris will join Atlantic Hockey. Alabama-Huntsville did apply for the CCHA but was rejected, so they might be the lone D-I indy next season unless the CCHA changed it's mind).

Thanks, that clears some of that up haha.

And I know that hockey has grown leaps and bounds in the Sun Belt and the South, I just was surprised as hell to see a NCAA hockey team in the South. Like out here almost every major college has a club ice hockey team and some even with the support of NHL franchises (USC uses the Anaheim Ducks' training facility for practices/games for example). I knew it had grown, I just didn't think it had gotten to an NCAA level yet.

Happy to see that. Maybe one day there could be normal NCAA hockey conferences like the Big 10, Big 12, etc. I know that's something that is a long long long long lonnnnngggggggg way off, but you can dream haha.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Well, Syracuse played a good 30 minutes today. Nice of them to be able to take a 10-minute breather to rest up for the next round.

How does one get a degree at the University of Washington? They just roll down their car window.

Just because it's funny as hell that a school in Alabama has a D-I hockey team, go Huntsville! Isn't Alabama-Huntsville "hosting" the Frozen Four in Tampa soon?

How does one get a degree at the University of Washington? They just roll down their car window.

Just because it's funny as hell that a school in Alabama has a D-I hockey team, go Huntsville! Isn't Alabama-Huntsville "hosting" the Frozen Four in Tampa soon?

I think that already happened. Alaska Anchorage also hosted in LA. I don't recall who hosted in St. Louis.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Isn't Alabama-Huntsville "hosting" the Frozen Four in Tampa soon?

Oh, perhaps I'm wrong. It seems like so long ago that I heard about it.

I'll be curious to see how well tickets sell for that vs. Minnesota, Detroit, Boston, etc.

POTD (Shared)

I really want to get into College Hockey and hopefully TSN2 will be showing the frozen four I have picked up some ECAC Hockey playoffs on NHL Network and some of the Big Ten squads on the BTN.

Boston and Miami-Oh epic tilt in last season's national championship sold me on NCAA hockey.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

the US Naval Academy "hosted" the Frozen Four last year in DC even though they don't have a D1 Hockey Program (I think its only a club team)

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived