Football Cards

dmhtfld

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get the photo's for those? They're top notch.

As things stand just now, I like the fact that you've not tried to over crowd great photo's with to much type or anything. However with that said they also feel a bit stayed, everything is boxed in with the same weight of lines, I'm not keen on all the gradients you've got going on (fine on the grey if it's meant to represent foil blocking) and you really need to do something about the kerning on the lettering the way the serifs on the first three letters of Fitzgerald all bleed together looks really bad.

I'd love to see what you'd do for the reverse of the cards as well, bit trickier to do, more type and less imagery but just as important as the fronts.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Where did you get the photo's for those? They're top notch.

As things stand just now, I like the fact that you've not tried to over crowd great photo's with to much type or anything. However with that said they also feel a bit stayed, everything is boxed in with the same weight of lines, I'm not keen on all the gradients you've got going on (fine on the grey if it's meant to represent foil blocking) and you really need to do something about the kerning on the lettering the way the serifs on the first three letters of Fitzgerald all bleed together looks really bad.

I'd love to see what you'd do for the reverse of the cards as well, bit trickier to do, more type and less imagery but just as important as the fronts.

9erssteve

Well i think all of these photos either came from yahoo or NFL.com. Thanks for the cnc and tried to fix what you said was wrong with it. Heres the updated version.

fitz2.png

i would space out the logo and names/number/position a little. It seems cluttered in the bottom corner.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really like the look of the latest update.

It does really remind me of the '03 Uppder Deck baseball set though.

IMG_0006.jpg

(Note, for non-rookie cards the 'star rookie' is obviously removed, and the name is enlarged.)

Good job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really like the look of the latest update.

It does really remind me of the '03 Uppder Deck baseball set though.

IMG_0006.jpg

(Note, for non-rookie cards the 'star rookie' is obviously removed, and the name is enlarged.)

Good job.

ha wow i really had no intention of making the look like that lol

I love the card on the left because it puts more focus on the player. Also, it is very unique for a card.

I agree, 100%.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the number font, something that maybe matches the name font more.

I love the card on the left because it puts more focus on the player. Also, it is very unique for a card.

I agree, 100%.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is the number font, something that maybe matches the name font more.

is this font any better?

stafford.png

I know this might be hard, but I think it would be cool to have the number the same font as the actual jersey of the team. Also maybe the font for the name could be like the name on the back of the jersey. Just a suggestion.

I know this might be hard, but I think it would be cool to have the number the same font as the actual jersey of the team. Also maybe the font for the name could be like the name on the back of the jersey. Just a suggestion.

thats a possibility but i think it would just through off the look that the cards have. it would make each one look too different from the other

I agree, 100%.

is this font any better?

stafford.png

Yea I think something like that is nice (much better), only not italic.

Kinda throws off the flow of it as a whole.

Yeah i really like the black and white background, and with the name/number/logo/position spaced out, it makes it less cluttered. awesome job. How about for the number, use the number style on the jersey? :P

How about some Browns ones? :)

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived