2010 Stars and Stripes

charliec107

very interesting. i guess the question has to be will the brims vary in color for each team or will they all be navy blue? i really hope they make an effort to make these match better with every team.

I expect no effort, look at the last few.

For a team like the As, the hats will look horrible with a green or yellow brim and Patriotic logo. Having a nice looking cap that clashes with the jersey would be better than having the cap clashing within itself. They should all be navy.

This is the best looking of the three editions. I love white baseball caps. I have a white White Sox hat that I've had since I was a kid. Black logo and brim.

87Redskins.png

I love white baseball caps. This is still one of my favorite looks:

kashiwada2.jpg

But I hate these silly gimmicks. Pathetic, selling out team identities just to sell a couple more caps. Shame on MLB for creating this lame promotion, shame on the teams for going along with it. I swear, there are times when I miss George Steinbrenner.

But I hate these silly gimmicks. Pathetic, selling out team identities just to sell a couple more caps. Shame on MLB for creating this lame promotion, shame on the teams for going along with it. I swear, there are times when I miss George Steinbrenner.

I like white caps, too.

But I hate the MLB flag caps. You're not supposed to mangle the flag the way it's mangled in these hats. And only a portion of the proceeds go to charity -- donate it all or donate nothing and quit making the caps. Quit hiding behind charity when it's an obvious money grab.

I hate the green St. Patty's Day jerseys or trim, pink for this, blue for that, flag caps for this, green caps for Earth Day, etc., special colored jerseys here and there. A team has its own colors -- wear them every game.

You want to take up social causes, holidays, etc., then wear a friggin' patch, ribbon, whatever, but quit messing with team's colors and its uniform presentation.

kashiwada2.jpg

Tkashi Kashiwada wow that's a blast from the past.

Just one thing if you must have a white hat make sure nobody on your team wears a white helmet on the field. If anyone has a picture of John OLerud in 1997 or remembers seeing Olerud will understand what I mean.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

kashiwada2.jpg

Just one thing if you must have a white hat make sure nobody on your team wears a white helmet on the field. If anyone has a picture of John OLerud in 1997 or remembers seeing Olerud will understand what I mean.

Olerud ALWAYS looked out of place, not just in '97.

87Redskins.png

kashiwada2.jpg

Olerud ALWAYS looked out of place, not just in '97.

John+Olerud+1990+Donruss+%23711+Auto.jpg

I don't get it...?

Anubis.png

I understood the helmet was neccessary for Olerud, but the white helmet looked weird. The old Jays with the triangle does not show it justice. Olerude wearing the full white helmet with the Mets in 1997 just looked very odd.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yes, this is a BIG problem; however, what I think is a bigger problem is that these teams are pretending to be patriotic, especially when being patriotic is the super cool thing to do nowadays.

"No, no, we really are patriotic. Don't believe us, look at our caps... which by the way can be yours for a nominal fee."

Archived