Georgia State New Football Uniforms

verticalman16

As a graduate of Georgia State I'm thoroughly excited we're finally getting a football team. I was down at the Georgia Dome on Saturday for the first ever spring game and got a look at the uniforms they're going to wear this season. It's a simple and clean look that I'm pretty pleased with. Meshes well with an old school coach like Bill Curry. Anyway, here they are.

homeunis.jpg

roadunis.jpg

these...are...bad! they look really cheap. Maybe seeing them on a player instead of a model that looks like an eleven year old boy would help...but im dissapointed with this.

the helmet logo is bad, even though we've known about that. Also, as a grad, maybe you could help me understand GSU's color preference??

I'm assuming it's blue and white. red and black always sneak in. I like that there isnt any black, and i think i even favor just blue and white as a scheme, but the execution sucks.

they wore blue pants in their scrimmage too. where are blue pants here?

I will say that I'm looking forward to the team's inagural season. I'm probably going to try to catch a game this year.

I think for the last several years, black and blue and had become the color of the basketball programs while the rest of the teams maintained red and blue. I know as recently as 2000 the basketball teams used red also. I'm starting to see the new logo pop up all over the school so I suspect next season all the teams will get new uniforms to go along with the red and blue of the football team.

I'd also imagine will see some blue pants as an alternate come regular season.

I'm probably just being a homer in liking the jersey. But really I'm glad they didn't go over the top like an Oregon.

As a graduate of Georgia State I'm thoroughly excited we're finally getting a football team. I was down at the Georgia Dome on Saturday for the first ever spring game and got a look at the uniforms they're going to wear this season. It's a simple and clean look that I'm pretty pleased with. Meshes well with an old school coach like Bill Curry. Anyway, here they are.

homeunis.jpg

roadunis.jpg

Is that road uniform all silver, or is it bad photography?

I just feel like the typeface of the scripts and the numerals dont do the classic sleeve stripe any justice...which looks worse without anything on the pants. I did want to see GSU go with an old school look, but the awkward scripts and numbers kind of cancel that out.

Needs some red in the jersey. A red outline would be okay, but now it just looks too plain for my tastes, as is.

But yeah, not bad at all.

New York Giants...we're also talking to YOU!

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Now where have I seen those sleeve stripes?

dejected-tony-romo.jpg4375013.jpg

Just looks like very little effort went into these. Like someone else said, maybe the prepubescent mannequin is part of the problem and they'll look better on a real player.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's simple and effective. No need to make it into some sort of Frankenstein styled jersey.

The helmet, on the other hand, could be better with the Panther head on a white shell instead of the 'GSU' logo on a blue shell.

I don't mind the helmet logo at all...nothing wrong with it, really. But Imma need to see what the rest of that number set looks like, because right now they look like...like something they don't need to look like.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not posting this remark to change anyone's mind on this uniform, simply to provide an explanation for how we came to this design.

In our efforts to re-brand and re-image Georgia State Athletics this summer, we wanted to exemplify Georgia State's impact on Atlanta with our refurbishing of Pounce, the Panther, and all of our marks. We see our role as a modern twist on a traditional city...so, we put together a uniform with a modern twist on a traditional uniform. The numbers and letters come from a font created exclusively for Georgia State Athletics called Sparks, after the first president of GSU. We wanted the uniform to be somewhat simple, yet contain some neat features (i.e. the Panther head on the left hip, sleek all white pants and the GSU letter mark on the helmet).

People with Oregon Ducks avatars have no business criticizing another college's football jerseys.

Period.

Why is that? I'm glad oregon at least does something unique. unlike some schools that add 2 stripes on a practice jersey and call it a day

People with Oregon Ducks avatars have no business criticizing another college's football jerseys.

Period.

Why is that? I'm glad oregon at least does something unique. unlike some schools that add 2 stripes on a practice jersey and call it a day

Oregon is an eyesore, and unique does not equal good.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The whole Oregon thing is played out. Yeah I get it, our uni's aren't traditional, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting my school.

FWIW, I hate our number font and the introduction of gray, I still think our uni's are badass though

The whole Oregon thing is played out. Yeah I get it, our uni's aren't traditional, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop supporting my school.

FWIW, I hate our number font and the introduction of gray, I still think our uni's are badass though

Nominated for understatement of the millennium. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm not posting this remark to change anyone's mind on this uniform, simply to provide an explanation for how we came to this design.

In our efforts to re-brand and re-image Georgia State Athletics this summer, we wanted to exemplify Georgia State's impact on Atlanta with our refurbishing of Pounce, the Panther, and all of our marks. We see our role as a modern twist on a traditional city...so, we put together a uniform with a modern twist on a traditional uniform. The numbers and letters come from a font created exclusively for Georgia State Athletics called Sparks, after the first president of GSU. We wanted the uniform to be somewhat simple, yet contain some neat features (i.e. the Panther head on the left hip, sleek all white pants and the GSU letter mark on the helmet).

There are ways of achieving modern and traditional without being boring though. Even the addition of a little red would liven these up a bit. You have red in the helmet logo but nowhere else. Including it in the uniforms would bring a little more consistency with your new identity.

I think in the case with these uniforms, I would have used a contrasting color side-panel instead of the abbreviated sleeve stripes. Due to the cut of the uniform those sleeve stripes look even more out of place.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived