2010 NFL Draft

Gary

Considering they just traded for a very underrated NFL starter, yeah I do. Personally I think the Raiders just stole themselves a great quarterback that will team well with what they already have and help them to compete. Anyone who thinks Jason Campbell is bummed out about going to the Raiders hasn't watched this team play much lately. Jamarcus Russell single handedly cost the Raiders games week in and week out with his lack of effort, HORRIBLE ball skills and accuracy, and even worse decision making.

Jamarcus was far from the only problem for the Raiders last season. Darrius Heyward-Bey simply cannot catch a football, their rushing offense was 21st in the league last year, and the O-line gave up 49 sacks. Jason Campbell might turn their passing game around - despite their lack of any competent receivers - but he cannot fix the rushing offense or offensive line. I think they'll go 6-10 or 7-9 with Campbell this year.

A big part of the reason why the Raiders wide outs looked so awful last year was because of who they had throwing to them. When you have JaFartcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and a UFL quarterback on your roster, you're gonna suck. This move is good for the Raiders because they got a solid quarterback and gained addition from subtraction by getting Russell off of the field.

You're assuming Al Davis isn't stubborn enough to keep Jamarcus ON the field. We all saw how long it took for Jamarcus to finally be benched last year.

Nobody needs white guys with dreadlocks.

I don't know about that... I think Mr. Irrelevant Tim Toone pulls it off pretty well.

1868126.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin didn't end up drafting, but he signed right after with the Bears. I'm so happy right now, I can't believe he'll be in mini camp with the Bears. I really hope he makes the team and is able to earn a spot somewhere on special teams because it would be amazing seeing him play in his hometown. And he will also be reuniting with Dan Lefeavour after playing together in youth football.

Check out the bears homepage: He's front and center. Thats damn cool

http://www.chicagobears.com/index.html

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Considering they just traded for a very underrated NFL starter, yeah I do. Personally I think the Raiders just stole themselves a great quarterback that will team well with what they already have and help them to compete. Anyone who thinks Jason Campbell is bummed out about going to the Raiders hasn't watched this team play much lately. Jamarcus Russell single handedly cost the Raiders games week in and week out with his lack of effort, HORRIBLE ball skills and accuracy, and even worse decision making.

Jamarcus was far from the only problem for the Raiders last season. Darrius Heyward-Bey simply cannot catch a football, their rushing offense was 21st in the league last year, and the O-line gave up 49 sacks. Jason Campbell might turn their passing game around - despite their lack of any competent receivers - but he cannot fix the rushing offense or offensive line. I think they'll go 6-10 or 7-9 with Campbell this year.

A big part of the reason why the Raiders wide outs looked so awful last year was because of who they had throwing to them. When you have JaFartcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and a UFL quarterback on your roster, you're gonna suck. This move is good for the Raiders because they got a solid quarterback and gained addition from subtraction by getting Russell off of the field.

You're assuming Al Davis isn't stubborn enough to keep Jamarcus ON the field. We all saw how long it took for Jamarcus to finally be benched last year.

I don't know about that... I think Mr. Irrelevant Tim Toone pulls it off pretty well.

1868126.jpg

I just wonder how much weed a guy has to smoke before he actually says to someone, "Yeah, man. I just had a great idea...I'm gonna grow some dreadlocks!"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1868126.jpg

I just wonder how much weed a guy has to smoke before he actually says to someone, "Yeah, man. I just had a great idea...I'm gonna grow some dreadlocks!"

I just think that their favorite movie growing up was "PCU" and favorite band is "Counting Crows".

My cousin didn't end up drafting, but he signed right after with the Bears. I'm so happy right now, I can't believe he'll be in mini camp with the Bears. I really hope he makes the team and is able to earn a spot somewhere on special teams because it would be amazing seeing him play in his hometown. And he will also be reuniting with Dan Lefeavour after playing together in youth football.

My cousin, former Miss State back-up RB Christian Ducre (pictured below), didn't get drafted either, but he did sign a FA deal with the Saints. Kinda hopin' he makes the team too cuz I think we all know how I feel about the Saints hahaha

723152.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

My cousin, former Miss State back-up RB Christian Ducre (pictured below), didn't get drafted either, but he did sign a FA deal with the Saints. Kinda hopin' he makes the team too cuz I think we all know how I feel about the Saints hahaha

723152.jpg

Ducre to the Saints? Well, there's one Saint I do like. :P Can't ever root against MSU alumni.

I guess while we're on the topic of Mississippi State running backs, Anthony Dixon was a 6th round pick for the 49ers. I think they got him for a steal. Just from watching this guy for 3-4 years, he's definitely got what it takes to have a chance to excel at the next level, & I hope he does.

To the surprise of no one (and probably to the relief of some), the Redskins just traded Jason Campbell. To everyone's favorite team to pick on, the Raiders. If the writing wasn't on the wall for JaMarcus before this deal, it's definitely there now...in neon ink.

I doubt that. Al Davis has some sort of obsession with JaMarcus' arm, and has ignored his complete lack of accuracy, talent, or caring for three years. You think that's going to change overnight?

Considering they just traded for a very underrated NFL starter, yeah I do. Personally I think the Raiders just stole themselves a great quarterback that will team well with what they already have and help them to compete. Anyone who thinks Jason Campbell is bummed out about going to the Raiders hasn't watched this team play much lately. Jamarcus Russell single handedly cost the Raiders games week in and week out with his lack of effort, HORRIBLE ball skills and accuracy, and even worse decision making. A big part of the reason why the Raiders wide outs looked so awful last year was because of who they had throwing to them. When you have JaFartcus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and a UFL quarterback on your roster, you're gonna suck. This move is good for the Raiders because they got a solid quarterback and gained addition from subtraction by getting Russell off of the field. They have a decent offense now and a really good defense. This Raiders team could surprise some people this year, even with Alice at the helm.

I'd say trade Russell to a team for a 7th rounder, but they'd probably be better off trading him to McDonalds to run their fry bin.

No... He'd only get fired a week into it for fumbling burger patties into the fryer after holding out for two weeks for an extra 32 cents an hour. Micky D's should give a job of that caliber to someone worth a damn. As for the Raiders, just cut him and buy him a BART ticket.

You can't possibly be talking about Jason Campbell. Great? My ass. I've suffered through watching him wet the bed in every 4th quarter for the last four seasons. Throwing last second drive killing interception after last second drive killing interception, and losing costly fumble after costly fumble. He's not a leader, he's not clutch, he's not decisive, he's not football smart, he's not mobile, he's not tough, he's not poised, and he's certainly not great. Of course, he's better than JaMarcus Russell, but Jason Campbell will never be better than a well below average NFL starting quarterback.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You can't possibly be talking about Jason Campbell Donovan McNabb. Great? My ass. I've suffered through watching him wet the bed in every 4th quarter for the last four five seasons. Throwing last second drive killing interception after last second drive killing interception, and losing costly fumble after costly fumble. He's not a leader, he's not clutch, he's not decisive, he's not football smart, he's not mobile, he's not tough, he's not poised, and he's certainly not great. Of course, he's better than JaMarcus Russell, but Jason Campbell Donovan McNabb will never be better than a well below slightly above average NFL starting quarterback.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can't possibly be talking about Jason Campbell Donovan McNabb. Great? My ass. I've suffered through watching him wet the bed in every 4th quarter for the last four five seasons. Throwing last second drive killing interception after last second drive killing interception, and losing costly fumble after costly fumble. He's not a leader, he's not clutch, he's not decisive, he's not football smart, he's not mobile, he's not tough, he's not poised, and he's certainly not great. Of course, he's better than JaMarcus Russell, but Jason Campbell Donovan McNabb will never be better than a well below slightly above average NFL starting quarterback.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Not even close, dude. And you know it.

I am as happy as you are to be rid of the former "franchise quarterback" though. If he makes my team as good as he made your team, I'll be happy. Hey, but you enjoy that Kevin Kolb and a few years of sucktitude. I'm tired of supporting a last place team, but it'll look good on you. :P

• 2 years later...

Archived