Madden 11 Cover...

BlueSky

Because having two people on the cover is stupid.

Why? It's a cover for a video game about... football. So why not have football players? Does it affect the game in even the least way if two, four, or forty players are on the cover?

Would EA have to give up some profit to two, four, or forty players if there were that many on the cover? If so, that would be one reason for only going with one player and nameless fans rather than two, four, or forty big NFL names.

• 3 weeks later...

What a pity that there are few sports games for PC... :(

At least you still get a few.

Us Mac users get nothing anymore when it comes to games in general, let alone sports.

No kidding. What are there, about 8 games available for Mac? Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't trade my Mac for 10 of the best PCs on the market.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Β 

Why? It's a cover for a video game about... football. So why not have football players? Does it affect the game in even the least way if two, four, or forty players are on the cover?

IMO it takes away the "prestige" per se of being on the cover. You can look back and say, "Man, remember that great year Brees had in 2009?" when seeing he was on the cover. There's a certain level of honor of being a cover athlete and sharing that honor between two guys just doesn't make sense.

6fQjS3M.png

Gus Johnson to be the Play-by-Play voice for Madden '11

This is going to be fantastic. Reason alone to buy the new game.

I can not wait to hear him call a last second field goal on that game. Good Lord.

"THE HOLD...THE SNAP...THE KEEEAAAUCCCKKKKKK!!!!! AND IT'S GOOD! WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!

"Batted up .. OH CAUGHT! STOKLEY! DOWN THE SIDELINE! CAN THEY CATCH HIM?! STOKLEY! WOW! TOUCHDOWN DENVER! UNBELIEVABLE! Oh my goodness, what a play!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5HtJidMZ8

Best. Call. Ever.

IMO it takes away the "prestige" per se of being on the cover. You can look back and say, "Man, remember that great year Brees had in 2009?" when seeing he was on the cover. There's a certain level of honor of being a cover athlete and sharing that honor between two guys just doesn't make sense.

I just don't get how you, as a fan and a consumer (or customer if you will) can possibly care if an athlete is "honored" properly for having a good season, when regardless of who's on the cover, you're just going to plug the game in and play. And really, in 5, 10, 15 years, are you really going to have 4, 9, and 14 year old video games laying around to stare at and reminisce?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived