Arizona Cardinals Unveil Black Alt Jerseys

Brian E

I am pretty sure I have added this in the past but...

The following teams have three different pants for their uniforms...

-Arizona (Regular one to go with the red jersey, the red pants, the new pants to go with the black alternate)

-Atlanta (the two white pants and the black pants)

-Chicago (the regulars to go with the uniforms and the new throwback pants [not going with the current set])

-Denver (Home and road white pants, navy blue pants)

-Houston (Red, white and blue pants)

-Minnesota (White, Purple and throwback pants)

-St. Louis (White, Gold and Navy Blue Pants [Throwback white pants for a FOURTH pair)

-Seattle (Gunmetal Blue, White and Navy Blue pants that were introduced with the Electric Green jerseys last season)

-Tennessee (White, Navy Blue and the Light Blue ones)

-New England (Silver, Navy Blue and White throwback pants)

-NY Jets (Green, white and NY Titans throwback pants)

-Tampa Bay (White, Pewter and creamsicile throwback pants)

If any others are missing feel free to add it...

Cleveland has standard white pants, throwback white pants (with thinner stripe) and brown pants.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure I have added this in the past but...

The following teams have three different pants for their uniforms...

-Arizona (Regular one to go with the red jersey, the red pants, the new pants to go with the black alternate)

-Atlanta (the two white pants and the black pants)

-Chicago (the regulars to go with the uniforms and the new throwback pants [not going with the current set])

-Denver (Home and road white pants, navy blue pants)

-Houston (Red, white and blue pants)

-Minnesota (White, Purple and throwback pants)

-St. Louis (White, Gold and Navy Blue Pants [Throwback white pants for a FOURTH pair)

-Seattle (Gunmetal Blue, White and Navy Blue pants that were introduced with the Electric Green jerseys last season)

-Tennessee (White, Navy Blue and the Light Blue ones)

-New England (Silver, Navy Blue and White throwback pants)

-NY Jets (Green, white and NY Titans throwback pants)

-Tampa Bay (White, Pewter and creamsicile throwback pants)

If any others are missing feel free to add it...

Cleveland has standard white pants, throwback white pants (with thinner stripe) and brown pants.

wish cleveland could add orange pants to that list for next year...but that will never happen again

I referenced it earlier, but I think the visual helps. If the Cardinals ripped off the Falcons, then the Cowboys ripped off the Colts:

3725_large.jpg

18-862-Large_Image.jpeg

They just moved the two stripes down. :) Again jerseys can be similar, but the complete look is the team's identity. The Giants' red was very similar to the Cardinals' previous red.

This Cardinals look will be unique, not a rip-off of the Falcons.

It may not be a rip-off per se but it's not unique. It resembles the Falcons' black jersey and spinning it seven ways to Sunday will never change that.

Well, no amount of spinning can change the fact that no NFL team wears a white helmet, black jersey combo, especially the Falcons. That's unique.

Mea culpa. You wrote "look" but I read "jersey." The jersey resembles the Falcons but the look overall will be unique...and another hideous example of black for black's sake. And to most people (uni nerds aside), from afar a Cards-Falcons game will still look like an intrasquad scrimmage. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I really don't see why everybody's comparing this to the Falcons so much. I get red and black, but there's no way you're going to be mistaking one for the other whether one wears red or black or even white. They don't look nearly similar enough for pretty much anybody to be confused or anything.

Well, if we really want to get anal here we can bring up the fact that at least the Cardinals are utilizing colors that are associated with their bird. Red and silver aren't even present on real life falcon. So if anything, I would imagine the Cardinals have more of a right to use the colors they do. Of course no one says that a team must use the colors of the animal that their teams named is derived from. After all I've never seen a navy blue and orange bear before. But I've always liked it much more when teams used colors associated with the mascot.

That being said, I still think the falcons should sport black jerseys full time and the Cardinals should wear red with each team using the alternate color as secondary jerseys, which would help differentiate between the two teams. I just don't understand why the Falcons continue to insist on wearing red jerseys. Leave it to the Cardinals and go back to black.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a Grand Canyon blue alternate myself.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived