Arizona Cardinals Unveil Black Alt Jerseys

Brian E

Always wondered why teams didnt try a different look for an alternate.

Not sure why there would be a reason to have two of the exact same color jersey but with different designs. I'm assuming you mean that the Colts could have their regular blue jersey, and then have an alt that has northwestern stripes, no stripes, or modern piping? I think that dilutes an image more than a consistent template with flipped colors.

Let me get this straight...so what you are saying is that its essentially a bad idea for a football team to have a billion jersey styles and color combos...much like the Cleveland Cavaliers?

if so, then 'ditto'.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always wondered why teams didnt try a different look for an alternate.

Not sure why there would be a reason to have two of the exact same color jersey but with different designs. I'm assuming you mean that the Colts could have their regular blue jersey, and then have an alt that has northwestern stripes, no stripes, or modern piping? I think that dilutes an image more than a consistent template with flipped colors.

Let me get this straight...so what you are saying is that its essentially a bad idea for a football team to have a billion jersey styles and color combos...much like the Cleveland Cavaliers?

if so, then 'ditto'.

That's not what I'm saying (even though it's true). Nobody is arguing that a football team should have a billion jersey styles, unlike the argument that some have made for the Cavs. I don't have an issue with three jerseys for a football team, I'm just arguing that it's silly to have two of the same color uniform that are simply different designs (unless one is a pure throwback.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Am I the only person who thinks a yellow alternate could have looked better?

Maybe. Personally, I have always hated it when broadcast graphics, or magazine graphics use Red and Yellow as primary colors for the Cardinals. Yellow is only present in the logo (beak), and that's probably the only place it should be used.

Am I the only person who thinks a yellow alternate could have looked better?

Maybe. Personally, I have always hated it when broadcast graphics, or magazine graphics use Red and Yellow as primary colors for the Cardinals. Yellow is only present in the logo (beak), and that's probably the only place it should be used.

Well, I don't know that the yellow would look good, but at least its a more original choice than black.

I was among those who hoped for some minimal yellow piping in the redesign, but they added black instead. Since they did that, this third makes sense.

And as far as wearing "cardinal," yes, but they already are prevented eight times a year and no one thinks wearing white is a travesty. I don't think this is either. Not sure why the Chicago-St. Louis-Phoenix-Arizona Cardinals are being held to such a high traditional standard.

No team needs three jerseys for a 16-game season, yet almost everyone has used a third. Why not the Cardinals?

As far as I'm concerned, with this jersey they are expanding the brand in which they have experienced the most success.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but the blue in the Blackhawks logo is so minimal. It's probably 6th in the pecking order as far as dominance, compared to yellow in the Cardinals logo being a clear third in a three-color logo. I mean, the blue is some lines on a feather, while the yellow is a full beak. Not really a comparison.

Still, I'm not arguing for a yellow jersey with this set.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but the blue in the Blackhawks logo is so minimal. It's probably 6th in the pecking order as far as dominance, compared to yellow in the Cardinals logo being a clear third in a three-color logo. I mean, the blue is some lines on a feather, while the yellow is a full beak. Not really a comparison.

OK...how about a Red, Blue or Gray Steelers alt?

Actually, I'd love to see the Steelers use a gray alt. Then they'd actually look like stainless steel.

I was actually thinking the same thing!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I am pretty sure I have added this in the past but...

The following teams have three different pants for their uniforms...

-Arizona (Regular one to go with the red jersey, the red pants, the new pants to go with the black alternate)

-Atlanta (the two white pants and the black pants)

-Chicago (the regulars to go with the uniforms and the new throwback pants [not going with the current set])

-Denver (Home and road white pants, navy blue pants)

-Houston (Red, white and blue pants)

-Minnesota (White, Purple and throwback pants)

-St. Louis (White, Gold and Navy Blue Pants [Throwback white pants for a FOURTH pair)

-Seattle (Gunmetal Blue, White and Navy Blue pants that were introduced with the Electric Green jerseys last season)

-Tennessee (White, Navy Blue and the Light Blue ones)

-New England (Silver, Navy Blue and White throwback pants)

-NY Jets (Green, white and NY Titans throwback pants)

-Tampa Bay (White, Pewter and creamsicile throwback pants)

If any others are missing feel free to add it...

I like these... but I think the stripe should have been red with white on the bottom, that way it would have given them more options. Either way... I'm in. I like it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I think it's a fair comparison. The blue feather and the yellow beak are both their to add to the logo itself, but the colours weren't meant to be incorporated into the uniforms as a whole. Yes, yellow does have a more prominent role in the Cardinals logo then any of the feather colours do in the Blackhawks logo, but ultimately that doesn't change its purpose in the logo. Its purpose is to emulate the yellow bird beak image that most of us have. That's it. It was never meant to be a primary or secondary team colour.

I understand that, but I think even yellow highlights/piping would be a huge step backwards for the Cards.

Archived